Job description / Role
The position is responsible for receiving goods by ensuring that the hotel is obtaining the quality and quantity of merchandise ordered at the accepted prices.
- All Departments.
- Group Purchasing Team.
- Government Inspectors.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
- Upon receipt of goods, ensures that delivery is accordance with the terms of the Purchase Order and the standard purchase specifications (quantity, quality, price, etc.).
- Ensures proper receiving procedure is adhered to at all times:
- Scales used in receiving merchandise are properly tested and adjusted on a regular basis.
- A record of weight of various empty containers is kept for easier checking of net weight of items receives. This will avoid mishandling of items like fruits which might spoil the food.
- Items are counted and verified individually when received.
- Ascertains the quality of the goods.
- If necessary, consults the Chef or Group Purchasing for checking of items for quality and uniformity.
- All items received must be checked against standard purchase specification.
- Affixes receiving stamp to each invoice or delivery slip and records the verify quantity and the signatory of the receiver.
- Ensures items are delivered to the correct departments (kitchen, store, restaurant, etc).
- Consistent late deliveries are brought to the attention of the Group Purchasing Department.
- Merchandise that is repeatedly delivered that is of sub-standard quality or short in quantity are brought to the attention of the Group Purchasing department for necessary action.
- Ensures all return items are store properly.
- All return items are issued with a "Goods Return Note" acknowledged by Cost Controller, Receiving and Delivery personnel.
- Ensures daily record of temperatures for;
- Delivery vehicles.
- Prepares the summary receiving report and submits to Finance.
- Monitoring of Open Purchase Orders and submits report to Cost Controller.
- Ensures adherence of HACCP standards and requirement at all times.
FOCUSES ON COLLEAGUES / MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Attends to colleagues queries promptly.
- Consistently offers professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Co-ordinates with various departments to ensure proper documents submission.
- Uses a Heartist® approach - makes the guests and colleagues Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
WORKS AS PART OF THE FINANCE TEAM
- Ensures to produce quality work at all time.
- Adheres to all timeline set.
- Builds strong relationship with team members.
- Builds a cohesive working environment and achieves together the financial goal set.
- Be knowledgeable and plays an active role in maintaining strict adherence to HACCP compliances.
INVOLVEMENT IN WIDER JOB FUNCTION RELATIONSHIPS
- Maintains collaborative working relationship with all colleagues.
- Participates in training activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Follows guidelines provided in colleagues' handbook.
- Understands emergency procedures, health and safety requirements.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance is aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to the hotel's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts by supporting the Planet 21 program.
Main Complexity / Critical issues in the Job
- Accuracy in reports.
- Ability to meet tight datelines.
- Ensuring of compliance in accordance with policy and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 'O' Levels education or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience in a similar capacity.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Sense of urgency.
- Quality driven.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Administration Assistant / Administrative Secretary
MAYKS HR Consulting
MAYKS HR Consulting
Excelsior Group ME