Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Oryx Engineering Services
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Administration Manager
To assume the responsibility to greet guests, welcoming and directing them appropriately, notifying departments of visitors, maintains security and telecommunications system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
• Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
• Maintains security by following procedures
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Coordinating and arranging drivers for pick-up and drop-off
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Good verbal communication skills, must display a friendly and pleasant manner, must have a professional telephone manner, good organisation skills, Microsoft Office skills.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of procedures. Attentive to detail, must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.