Job description / Role
• Recruitment officers assess the need and then fill it. For a job opening, for instance, they learn the specifics of what the position entails.
• They then may turn to résumés they have on hand to begin developing an interview pool.
• They also might scour online sites to discover people with backgrounds that would be a good match or post ads where prospects would be likely to discover them.
• Recruitment officers talk to people. For example, they may try to convince a high school senior and his parents of the benefits of joining the ROTC in college.
• They might get to know a job applicant better in order to evaluate how the person would fare in a given role. During these conversations, recruitment officers should be prepared to answer questions. Because of this duty, they need a thorough knowledge of what they are trying to promote.
• Developing relationships is critical for recruitment officers. They may contact people who have expressed interest to provide more information or to gauge potential. Before an employer offers someone a job, a recruitment officer may be responsible for doing a reference check. If a candidate accepts a position or a student enrolls in a school, a recruitment officer may arrange orientation and keep an eye on progress.
• Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
• Screening resumes
• Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates
• Administering appropriate company assessments
• Performing reference and background checks
• Making recommendations to company hiring managers
• Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
• Following up on the interview process status
• Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
• Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
• Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
• Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
• Completing timely reports on employment activity
• Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
• 3-5 years experience as Recruitment Officer
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Sales and negotiation skills
• A goal-orientated approach to work
• The ability to handle multiple priorities
• Problem-solving ability
• The ability to meet deadlines and targets
• Ambition and the determination to succeed
• Confidence and self-motivation
• Time management and organisational skills
• Team-working skills
About the Company
ACCIONA is one of Spain's principal business groups and a leader in the fields of infrastructure development and management, renewable energy, water and services.
With a century of history, and more than 30,000 professionals, it operates in over 30 countries on the five continents. ACCIONA is included in Spain\'s blue-chip Ibex 35 index and is a core stock in the market (see Financial Information).
ACCIONA's positioning as a pioneer in development and sustainability expresses its capacity to respond to the challenge of attaining sustainable development through all its areas of activity. One of its specific commitments is to steadily reduce its carbon footprint and lead the transition to a low-carbon economy. ACCIONA\'s activities and businesses avoid millions of metric tons of emissions every year (see Emissions Meter). The Sustainability Master Plan develops the Company's sustainability strategy.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Recruitment Specialist (Male)
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Administration, Tenant Relations and Ongoing Leasing
Qatar Project Management (QPM)