Job description / Role
Summary and Purpose
Plan and implement recruitment activities, including developing policies and procedures for sourcing.
Selecting and hiring the best talent from multi discipline organizations and skill sets, in line with the manpower plan and attrition to meet companies’ requirements.
Oversees the Recruitment team performance and guide the team to ensure that staffing requirements are satisfied in a timely manner, with competent workforce, and in a most cost-effective approach.
• Implement approved recruitment strategy.
• Establish recruiting plan by studying organization manpower requirement, anticipating needs (internal/external trends) and collaborating with managers to realize the manpower requirements.
• Assist the Head of HR shared services in preparing the recruitment budget.
• Design and manage recruitment and selection processes (reviewing JD, screening resume, preliminary/formal interviews etc.)
• Analyze the performance of the recruitment agencies, cost per hire, time to hire, recommend changes and improvements and introduce standardized terms and conditions in line with the company’s P&P and budgetary plans.
• Develop plan, acquire management approvals and manage to execute overseas Recruitment Campaigns, for mass recruitment.
• Analyze the recruitment software and recommend and implement changes to leverage maximum utilization of business software and streamline processes.
• Serve as brand ambassador at various events, like career fairs or on-campus recruiting events. Represent company internally and externally at events with a goal of networking and relationship building with potential candidate communities.
• Manage respective candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities.
• Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment, and sourcing methodologies.
• Review and screen applications, evaluate qualifications of both internal and external candidates, conduct prescreen interviews to analyze candidate experience and fit, coordinate pre-employment tests as needed, and develop short lists of potential candidates.
• Participate in the offer process including negotiating offers with candidates.
• Develop and maintain an international network of recruiters, contacts and candidates via proactive use of diverse mediums, including social media.
• Plan regular recruitment trips to source high-caliber Qatari National candidates through university fairs or similar, whilst promoting a positive image.
• Participate in developing advertising programs related to recruitment plans and positions’ requirements and identify and coordinate with advertising/recruiting agencies to publish job advertisements.
• Identify the appropriate recruitment channels to be utilized to fulfil the recruitment plan requirements, and work on building and maintaining good relationships with the external souring channels (if any).
• Perform searches for qualified candidates according to the relevant job criteria, using databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources and internal databases as and when required.
• Verify credentials (e.g. university degrees) and conduct reference checking once approved and waived by the candidate.
• Conduct initial interviews with applicants (face to face or over the phone) and schedule for interviews with other members of the HR Department and/or functional Managers if necessary and provide feedback for the candidates as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or any other related filed.
• A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution (e.g. CIPD, PHR, SPHR, CIR, ACIR), is highly preferred.
• Certification in competency-based recruitment and selection is a plus.
• 5-7 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3-5 years should be in a similar position / responsibility.
• Multi discipline experience in Marine, Oil & Gas, Construction/Contracting and regional experience is preferred
• Previous experience of leading a team is a must.
Job Specific Skills:
• Knowledge about social media recruitment strategies.
• Full life-cycle recruitment processes, including management of multiple high-volume roles simultaneously
• Strong working experience Microsoft Office, specially MS Excel
• Hands on experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
• Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information.
About the Company
Established in 1984
TRS works around the world finding and connecting the best talent with businesses and organisations that: design, build, operate, maintain or support the production of goods and services for a variety of industry sectors covering; oil, gas, chemicals, infrastructure, life sciences, manufacturing, mining, power, renewable energy and public sector.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HR Administrative Executive