Job description / Role
• To appraise potential business opportunities and make appropriate comments and recommendations on business development strategies;
• To reach out for local customers in qatar and establish customer base;
• To originate transactions and execute/help with their execution;
• To perform technical review of guarantee and standby letter of credit;
• To assist in managing/supporting the proposals of any credit application in trade finance;
• To follow up any credit risk issues identified by the Department and prepare an investigation report;
• To identify potentially suspicious transactions related to financial crime risks, to help implement the AML functions throughout the whole life of the transaction processing on trade finance.
• Graduate degree in Business Administration;
• Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a professional qualification in Banking;
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
About the Company
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (ICBC) is China's largest bank and the largest bank in the world. It is one of China's "Big Four" state-owned commercial banks (the other three being the Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, and China Construction Bank). It is the largest bank in the world in terms of market value, the world's largest bank by deposits, and the world's most profitable bank.
In October 2008, the opening of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Middle East) Limited ( regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority) allows ICBC to become the pioneer among the Chinese financial institutions for the Middle East market. With strong support from its Head Office located in Beijing, ICBC Middle East support the financial needs of the UAE and the Middle East area, provide a comprehensive international trade,overseas financing against domestic support, project finance, clearing and settlement, and a series of financial services, become a link of economic and trade exchanges between China and Middle region.