Job description / Role
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Book and enter room reservation requests using the Property Management System
- Process reservations by mail, telephone, e-mail, fax or any OTA's System
- Process reservations from sales offices, other hotel departments and travel agents or company
- Knowledge of available room types, as well their location and layout
- Knowledge the selling status, rates and benefits of all packages
- Knowledge of hotel facilities
- Handling guest special requests, preferred room type, offering smoking or non-smoking room
- Offering Hotel policies: children policy, cancellation and modification policy check in & check out time policy, guarantee policy
- Communicate with other departments for VIP guests, or any special requests to be arranged by other departments
- Co-ordinate airport pickups and other transportation requests
- Knowledge of contracted policies with other companies, agents and OTA's
- Reporting to the Reservation Director for all reservation requests, or any new information should be known as well any difficult situation
- Enter rooming lists while ensuring accuracy, as required
- Update reservations ensuring a flawless check in and check out process
- Ensure revenue is maximized by up-selling guest rooms and recommending hotel facilities
- Liaise with Sales and other departments as required
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner (during the working hours)
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned must be followed
- Handling reservation filing procedures
- Prepare daily reservation file, to be delivered to the Front Desk
- Shares knowledge and skills with other colleagues and departments
Your experience and skills include:
- Fluency in Arabic and English required (verbal & written)
- Strong telephone skills
- Excellent telephone manners, telephone voice
- Strong typing and clerical skills, organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and English communication skills
- A hospitality diploma is an asset
- Knowledge of computerized Front Office systems required with emphasis in Micros-Fidelio based programs (Opera) and Windows, MS Office Suite an asset
- Prior experience in customer service an asset
- A passion for guest service
- Excellent team spirit
- Ability to handle many conflicting priorities at any given time
- Able to work well under pressure
- Must be willing to work shifts (incl. Night shifts)
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.