Job description / Role
What is in it for you:
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities
What you will be doing:
Inspiring and engaging. As a Reservations Supervisor, you will show your leadership and interpersonal strengths to maximize the Reservation Operations and ensure an exceptional guest journey. You also are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. You will make our guests feel welcome and reflect on the exceptional experience that comes when they arrive!
- Ensuring daily tasks and checklists for all reservation colleagues are completed.
- Provide leadership, motivation, training, and support to the Reservations Department.
- Conduct monthly department meetings and weekly briefings.
- Ensure all Reservation Agents are well trained and informed of all rates, promotions, and corporate programs.
- Maintain a close and effective working relationship with all supporting departments.
- Conduct regular audits of GRC (Global Reservations Centre), GDS, Third Party Sites, Property Manager, and other systems to ensure accuracy in rates, packages, promotions and availability.
- Creation and distribution of the weekly and monthly reports.
- Participate in weekly revenue management meetings and report preparation.
- Scheduling of the reservations staff in accordance with business demands.
- Set a leadership example for the department in professionalism and striving to exceed guest expectations on a daily basis.
- Problem-solving and coaching staff in situations to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded.
- Attend pre-convention meetings as required.
- Consistently offer exceptional, friendly, and engaging service.
- Ensure the best selection for the guest and ensure revenue is maximized through up-selling.
- Recommend property facilities and assist guests with information and special requests.
- Book room reservation requests, enter rooming lists and update accurate information in the system.
- Manage group reservations, constant communication with Event Planners, and balancing inventory.
Experience & Abilities:
- Experience in Hotel Reservations department.
- Prior experience working with Opera.
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management is a plus.
- Guest focused personality is essential; experience is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to be flexible.
- A team player with proven leadership ability and a positive attitude.
- Must display strong analytical, organizational, and administrative skills to be able to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.