Job description / Role
Reservations Manager is responsible in making sure that reservation standards are implemented and complied to, all relevant data is entered in the systems in a timely and accurate manner, data is reviewed and analyzed on an ongoing basis, direct reports have a career plan, all inventory (transient, group, wholesale allotments and other) and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites and the GDS are effectively managed., and new Revenue Management tools are being used, including IDeaS where applicable, Channel Manager, Opera, and any new/similar tools or reports.
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.
Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms - including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Manage rooms inventory to achieve optimum results in occupancy, average rate and revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
- Train, develop, and motivate staff to increase productivity.
- Participate in staff recruitment, organise on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, supervise and manage performance in order to ensure clients' satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Maintain good working relations with other departments and keep close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Review MyFidelio, OCM & PMS availability keeping sufficient inventory for high yield segments.
- Ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
- Ensure all internal package breakdowns are loaded and in line with financial department.
- Supervise the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents' commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- Control no show and late cancellation charges.
- Update Serenata configuration / offers / confirmation letters set-up in corporate design, if applicable.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the internal credit policy.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.).
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Prepare reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all reservation standards.
- Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
- Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school, Baccalaureate (Abitur), A-level exam
- Professional Certification (Bachelor, University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
- Opera central systems knowledge
- Knowledge of either Fidelio V6 or Opera PMS is imperative
- A minimum of 2 years experience in reservations
- A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property
- Experience with reporting and market performance reports
- Ability to analyse data, make meaningful conclusions and base sound decisions and strategies on these
- Knowledge of industry-specific terminology such as ADR, RevPAR, on-the-books, etc.
- Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market environment. Be proactive and able to "think outside of the box"
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.