Job description / Role
Client is an International consultancy that has recently been awarded a new project.
They require a resident engineer for each specific are below:
• Road Works
• Drainage works
• Utility services
The Resident Engineer will represent the consultant on the project and will administer the operational functions of the day-to-day activities of the construction supervision on the project Will supervise the work of the members of the construction supervision team to ensure that the project will be completed as per the contract.
The Resident Engineer will report to the Project Director and to the Core Team Staff.
In case of mega projects, the Resident Engineer will report to the Sr. Resident Engineer.
• The Resident Engineer will administrate the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to the work on full infrastructure and associated works.
• He will supervise the work of the site engineers and the work inspectors working on the construction supervision of the road and associated works.
• Direct the site supervision related to road and associated works including surface drainage, road’s structures and traffic signals and road’s furniture.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other Engineers to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
• Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the roads, infrastructure and associated works.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on the supervision of the construction of the road work and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at the site, as required by the Project Director, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue indications concerning roadworks, utilities and other related activities.
• Manage construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations.
• Provide claims analysis support, including dispute resolution
• Maintain awareness of contracts financial status.
• Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer or Directly to the Project Director.
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
Senior Resident Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Senior Resident Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)