Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities.Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Resident Engineer (Utilities) will assist the Senior Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to the work on the storm drainage and sewage and associated works and all other wet and dry utilities.
- He will supervise the work of the site engineers and the work inspectors working on the construction supervision of the storm drainage and sewage work and the associated works.
- Direct the site supervision related to drainage, wet and dry utilities and associated works including the pipes, manholes, chambers, gullies, etc.
- Coordinate his direct activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
- Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the drainage and associated works.
- Coordinate with Parsons' design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
- Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and review daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
- Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on the supervision of the construction of the drainage work and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
- Coordinate with PWA/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities and services providers.
- Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding drainage, wet and dry utilities work and associated works, utilities diversions and installations, traffic diversions, and other related works.
- Generally, supervise, review, monitor and report on progress of the drainage, wet and dry utilities and associated works.
- Liaise with all parties for site safety.
- Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to drainage work and related activities.
- Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
- Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
- Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
- Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
- Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue site instructions with respect to drainage works, utilities and other related activities.
- Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer.
- Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs. programmed work.
- Prepare progress reports as applicable.
- Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings in the area of his discipline.
- Participate in contract administration.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Civil Engineering and minimum fifteen (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of Utilities in major highway and infrastructures projects.
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
- Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations accepted by the Authority would be an advantage.
- Registration with MME (Qatar) is mandatory to function as an Engineer in Qatar.
- Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
- Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyze laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s specifications.
- Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
- Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.