Job description / Role
Restaurant General Manager - LArtisan Modern Dining
Scope and Objectives
You are empowered to make any decisions for the betterment of the event flow or guest satisfaction and are accountable for the outcomes of your actions.
Food and Beverage Mission Statement
Food & Beverage will be recognized as the market leader by providing consistent and personalized service, by offering innovative concepts and products, not yet available on the market. We are committed to create an environment where teamwork is honored, honesty and integrity are valued. Our well trained and professional colleagues will be focused on delivering high quality products and memorable experiences that will strengthen our customer engagement in the resort and through social media.
Fairmont is a place where the well-being of our guests is our main priority. We will emotionally engage the local and international community, anticipate and exceed their wishes and needs, thus creating guests for life. Our Food and Beverage outlets will capture the attention of global media, making it the first choice for international awards and social events and becoming the benchmark for Local and international Food & Beverage industry.
Our financial success will strengthen the food and beverage reputation amongst current and new owners, by achieving Top Line Revenue and high EBITA surpassing their budget expectations. It is our responsibility and commitment to give back to the community by being a true heartist Ambassador
Gracious with people, ruthless with standards and hungry for more.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work that is why our every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all the time.
Key role and responsibilities
- Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of his/her specific area
- He/she is responsible in linking all facets of service, cuisine and entertainment
- In charge of training, grooming standards
- Should be creative and confident and be prepared to think outside of the box
- He/she should take the time to get to know the guests and be committed to service excellence
- Initiative to invest in self-development
- Following up restaurants financial, LQA, TrustYou and Forbes targets on a daily basis
- Being entrepreneurial, thinking beyond the boundaries and leading by example are expected
- All hotel standards to be exceeded at all times
- Keep ahead of industry trends, create and implement new revolutionary standards
- Develop ideas on increasing guest satisfaction
- Ensure the operational inventory is always accounted for and in immaculate condition
- Ensure all responsible areas are maintained at the highest levels
- Create opportunities for upselling products
- Develop the team to strive for excellence
- Assume the responsibility of daily operations
- Creates efficient rostering system
- Following up on opening and closing checklists
- Ensure all appropriate equipment is on hand for each service period
- Conducts daily briefings for all staff prior to commencement of shift
- Handles security incidents, guest complaints with confidence and in a professional manner
- Directly work with all heartists to create a flow of new and 'improved' ideas
- Ensure awareness and deliver the optimum levels of service and guest satisfaction
- Maintains the HACCP standards as required by the regional governing body
- Ensure all hotel property and facilities are maintained an in an optimal working order
- Ensure rooms/events is set prior to the commencement of service
- Master all POS systems
- Establish and maintain effective communication across all divisions
- Lead by example through a passionate, hands on approach
- Assist with collecting information for the monthly P&L review
- Records and reports Glitch incidents with integrity and transparency
- Motivator & Initiator
- Positive attitude and well spoken
- Result driven
- Display initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Team player
- Customer / people oriented
- Created / open-minded
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.