Job description / Role
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily running of the restaurant and FOH/ BOH team in alignment with set hygiene & food safety standards. He/she ensures that guests are provided with an outstanding customer service and actively helps to improve their overall dining experience. This role is contributing to the service team's efforts by presenting a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards
- Ensures that the team adheres to set HACCP, ISO guidelines and food safety standards at all times as well as overall grooming standards
- Promotes a friendly and courteous attitude towards all clients, guests and staff
- Interacts and builds relationships with the restaurant clientele.
- Ensures food meets corporate specifications on presentation and recipe.
- Conducts line checks prior to and during shift.
- Timeliness of food: Ensures food is served on a timely as franchise/ restaurant requirements.
- Ensure all stations are properly stocked throughout the shifts
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the prompt, efficient and courteous service to ensure that standards are met.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships.
- Conducts such functions as performance evaluation, coaching, counseling and taking disciplinary actions to ensure the appropriate staff productivity and efficiency.
- Sets training plans as well as on the job training in accordance with the restaurant guidelines.
- Prepare daily and weekly service training classes on promotion, specialties and other menu changes
- Creates individual training programs for new joiners and different FOH classifications
- Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature
- Handles all complaints efficiently as per set Company standards
- Participates in functions and activities with other outlets when required
- Monitors the stocks of all beverage, material and equipment and ensures that service requirements are met.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Undertakes the end-of-month or end-of-year inventory of the restaurant
- Diploma/Certificate or Bachelor in Hospitality/ Tourism industry essential
- Equivalent vocational qualification obtained working for a 4/5 star hotel or fine dining restaurant
- Must have least 3-5 years work experience in hospitality, restaurants or fine dining environment, whereas 2 years at least within a supervisory role
- Excellent command of English, Arabic desirable
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence
- Sound business acumen and financial understanding
- Understanding of MICROS
- Knowledge of HACCP, ISO standards, intermediate Health & Safety certificate
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
An Online E-Commerce Company In Qatar
F&B Manager - New Restaurant Venture
|Saudi Arabia||21 Jun|
Restaurant Manager for a Fine Dining Restaurant and Bar
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
La Petite Maison (LPM)
Operations Manager - Food Business