Job description / Role
Responsible for heading, managing and overseeing all aspects of the leasing function, including developing the leasing plan to identify, attract and retain tenants and negotiate to achieve the best possible outcome, to ensure the proper tenant mix in line with the business plan.
• Manage all leasing activities including vetting prospective clients, attracting new tenants, rental negotiations and the development of attractive leasing packages.
• Implement all the necessary documentation required in the fulfillment of activities such as leasing, renewals, moving in, moving out and renovation
• Develop and maintain a long term beneficial relationship with all prospective retail groups, to ensure continued stream of business opportunities
• Keep attuned to retail market trends and developments and be knowledgeable about competitive landscape
• Actively contributes, promotes and markets the mall to ensure high footfall and occupancy.
• Provides other support to management, as may be required from time to time.
• Graduate degree in the field of Business or similar
• Minimum of 8 years Leasing management experience, preferably in the GCC region
• Mixed use development experience, an advantage
• Experience with luxury segment of the market
• Extensive knowledge of leasing management
About the Company
Equinox was founded by Sheikh Hassan Bin Sultan Al Thani in 1993 who holds the position of the CEO until today, overseeing the company's strategic direction and development. Originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market, the company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today Equinox has grown to include activities within real estate development and investment, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation.
The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, residential compounds, commercial and industrial developments. The retail section covers the major categories such as fashion, home interiors, beauty, accessories, jewellery and toys. B2B section includes contracting, project work and product distribution. As for the local partnership and representation section, it entails alignments with world leading logistics organisations. Spanning Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and America, Equinox portfolio of brands and business partners is truly global.