Job description / Role
WSP are looking for a Risk Manager to plan, design and implement an overall Risk Management and Control process for one of our programmes in Qatar.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Review and approve the Risk Management Plans and guidelines developed.
• Analyse existing work processes, procedures and systems, identifying opportunities for increased efficiencies and service improvements.
• Recommend ways to identify control or reduce change and risk.
• Gather associated data from internal or external resources.
• Provide training in all aspects of Risk Management to the Programme Management Consultants (PMCs) and Public Works Authority (PWA) staff, especially in the use of the Change Control process/procedure and Integrated Risk Management System (IRMS).
• Contribute to the formal project reporting and ad-hoc reports as required.
• Assist in preparing the relevant section of the Program Monthly Reports.
• Provide effective leadership and advice on Risk Management to PMCs, PWA and the General Engineering Consultants (GECs).
• Oversee and manage the Quantified Risk Assessments of Cost and Programme.
• Bachelors’ degree in data management, project controls, construction or engineering based discipline
• Demonstrable track record of working 15 years minimum on a variety of large complex construction projects, with 5 years in civil infrastructure delivery with respect to reporting and managing programme-wide risk and change.
• A strong proven record in managing and mitigating risk
• Delivery experience and understanding of complex change management.
• Proven competency in client relationship management, and Contractor management.
• Software Awareness comparable to the tasks required
• Languages: Fluent in all aspects of English – Arabic is an advantage
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.