Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Responsible for risk management process in identifying, assessing, analyzing, mitigating and reporting on threats and opportunities in connection with the projects managed by CLIENT-HFD (from the initiation stage through project completion).
• Deliver service excellence in risk management including demonstrating effectiveness of the risk management process, integrating with project controls, quantification and modelling of risk exposures and their potential impact on scope, cost and schedule,
developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, reviewing compliance with risk policy and procedures.
• Works in close coordination with Senior Program Managers, Project Team,
• Contractors and Consultants to ensure that the risks are identified on time, and adverse impacts are mitigated I avoided.
• Generally, handles more than one project at a time with full risk management responsibility from project initiation to completion and handover.
• Develop· and implement excellence in risk management across CLIENT project portfolios ensuring compliance with H~J1C's governance, objectives and processes.
• Apply strategic and comprehensive approach to risk management from portfolio to project level, demonstrating reduction in client and project exposure to risk through active mitigation of threats and maximization of opportunities which might negatively or positively impact projects performance.
• Use knowledge and experience gained on large programs of work to determine risk management plan and risk register and ensure identification, management of
and reporting on all significant risks to achievement of CLIENT and project objectives.
• Lead the interface with project team members and consultants for risk related issues.
• Coordinate with project parties to raise risk management awareness and gain commitment including allocation of the responsibilities.
• Works effectively with the Senior Program Manager and project team in delivery of risk management services.
• Provide guidance and assistance to the Senior Program Manager and project team to develop risk management skill-set and execute and control the risk management plan and risk register for the project.
• Conduct risk workshops, to identify, define and agree on key risks.
• These risks will be assigned risk priorities, risk owners and any additional information to complete the Risk Register.
• Analyze trend from past project reports and proactively deploy tools to prevent failures with the help of updated lesson learned documentation.
• Coordinate with project team on issues and strategies related to variations and disputed claims.
• Coordinate with design, project, construction and technical teams for the resolution of project risk and implementation of risk mitigation strategies and solutions.
• Integrate risk management with project control functions including change control, progress reporting, schedule management and baseline control, cost and commercial management and information / document management.
• Deliver high quality risk analysis modelling services to enable robust risk provisions to be set for projects, using technical capability to increase client and project certainty of outcomes and optimize client delivery projects. Integrate cost and schedule risk modelling and calculate risk exposure.
• Continuously assesses and monitor. identification and management of risk on projects.
• Produce profiled risk expenditure and track/optimize risk budgets based on risk strategies and solutions.
• Contribute to the development, enhancement and continuous improvement of the policy and procedures related Project Risk Management across projects managed by HFD and implement procedures and controls covering all areas of activity to ensure adherence and effective implementation.
• Report to Director of HFDPMO on the adequacy and effectiveness of HFD's Project Risk Management approach, initiatives and measures and recommend
areas for improvements.
• Introduce channels of communication to promote and maintain awareness of and implement risk management methodologies, techniques and tools.
• Develop and provide training programs (if necessary) with primary focus on Risk Management. that effectively impact employee understanding, develop, finalize, recommend, and execute implementation plans for these programs.
• Develop and update a complete system for recording, monitoring, and communicating the components of the Project Risk Processes and cost/benefit to
the executive staff and others as necessary.
• Attend meetings with project team for risk management.
• Identify the top High Priority risks to be reported on the Project Monthly Performance report.
• Advise Senior Program Managers on potential project schedule risks and suggest remedial actions.
• Interface with Senior Program managers to respond to queries on project plan and control aspects.
• Meet Senior Program Managers to obtain feedback on project risks methodologies and incorporate the same for improvements.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project planning and control, project and portfolio risk management.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practice taking into account 'international leading practice', improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement
• Implement approved policies, processes, procedures and instructions and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
• Prepare statements and reports timely and accurately to meet HFD's requirements, policies and standards.
• Participate, as a member, in Health, Safety and Environment Team.
• Ensure that all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services' and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other relate-d duties and assignn1ents as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in an Engineering (Civil Engir1'6ering is preferred). MBA is desirable.
• Cl Accreditation PMI-RMP or APM.
• Minimum 15 years’ risk management experience- of which 5+ years within contractor's organization in Program Project Risk (solid experience of design work in a Consultancy or with a Contractor's organization) with demonstrable contribution to the delivery of major building projects particularly in Middle East.
• Significant experience in the application of Enterprise and Project Risk Management concepts, quantitative risk analysis techniques and tools, for example, Risk, Crystal B&H, Primavera Risk Analysis.
• Experience in the integration cost· and schedule risk modelling to produce confidence levels for costs and completion dates in support of investment decisions and in relation to the management of the major projects.
• Experience in implementing a risk management process and techniques in a project management office environment, implementing risk management in an
• Experience in defining and implementing risk management strategy with major client organizations and at project level. Appreciation of significant issues facing
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage, and develop teams, and able to articulate approach for motivation of teams in support for the risk management
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry / international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Ability to articulate collaborative working style and teaming behavior.
• Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• Ability to work effectively in a project management environment together with demonstrable understanding of project management approach and· control techniques.
• Robust understanding construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and contract administration I change control/governance planning
and scheduling I document management / cost and commercial management project management
• The job holder assumes full risk mana9~ment responsibilities for execution of a wide range and significant and prestigious number of concurrently running Projects.
• Works within the framework of corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform risk management responsibilities and tasks, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of project risks.
• Evaluate and provide solutions for particular, critical project risks.
• Review and recommend resolution of particularly complex and non-routine problems, or provide viable alternatives. Identify risks and anticipated problem to projects, and propose mitigating solutions and actions.
• Review and critically assess a range of options for a given problem, and recommend one acceptable solution from a range of options.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Risk Management Consultant
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Risk Management Consultant
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Project Controls / Planning Manager - Airport
|Saudi Arabia||15 Oct|