Job description / Role
Summary: To safeguard QPM and project organization, its customers, reputation, assets and the interests of stakeholders by identifying and managing all threats to the achievement of its business objectives.
• Identification of financial risks such as currency risk, country risk, international procurement risk, claim risk and overall budget risk.
• Identification of contractual risks such as assessment of accuracy of interface definitions, identification of legal grey areas and check of completeness.
• Identification of potential technical risks, such as quality of current construction works, accuracy of construction works, fulfillment of contractual technical requirements, compliance challenges and geological risks
• Responsible for assessing the risks associated with the program and individual projects as well as any changes or issues that may impact the progress.
• Development of permanent risk controlling tool and preparing a qualitative and quantitative risk analysis and updates the risk registry which is an input to the Risk Management Plan with support from the Project Management Team.
• Preparation, performance and reporting of subject related audits
• Responsible for development and updating of the Risk Mitigation
• Assistance in dispute adjudication boards
• Assisting in a variety of tasks throughout the business cycle, as and when they arise. Tasks may include independent acquisition review, independent review of particular claims/ business unit performance, system improvements, etc
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Coordinate with project stakeholders for risks identification and assessment
• Preparation and implementation of training courses for selected project participants for reducing risks
• Ensure compliance to QPM processes.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation, reporting and filing of design documents.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering or relevant commercial/business degree.
• Min 15 years’ experience in the field of consultancy and contracts in engineering field including responsibility for managing risk
• Experience in project management, Identifies and communicates risks. Participates in development of preventive measures and risk controlling tools
• Experience in managing commercial outcome for projects/businesses
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.