Job description / Role
Are you an expert Road Safety Engineer looking for a new challenge? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Qatar office that could be of interest to you.
Who Are We
From climate change to rapid urbanization, our world is a more complex place. Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles. Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3. 4 billion in revenues. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
- Support maintenance of a safe construction delivery environment with particular focus on hazards associated with operational carriageways
- Oversee road design development (initial and/or variations) to maintain the safety of construction activities and end road users
- Review and endorse contractors Traffic Diversion Plans and method statements as they apply to works adjacent to live traffic flows
- Supervise works on-site to maintain compliance with agreed traffic management arrangements, focusing on the safety of workers and road users
- Coordinate all Road Safety Audit activity on project sites in support of design development, construction and hand-over of completed works
- Provide support to the wider safety management team in general supervision duties
- Liaise with PMC, contractors and consenting bodies (Traffic Police, Municipalities) on a regular basis and build relationships in parallel with maintaining compliance with formal communication routes adopted by the Supervision Consultant
- Liaise with members of the Public impacted by construction works and develop mutually acceptable solutions, which resolve concerns and address complaints received.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner
- Candidate should have at least 14+ years of post-graduate experience with an Engineering Degree.
- 10+ years of experience working on major road works projects
- 5+ years of experience working in Middle East infrastructure projects
- Traffic Management Experience
- Road Safety Audit experience is must
- The candidate will hold a recognized safety management qualification (NEBOSH, RoSPA, etc.)
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Safety Officer / Engineer
Viva HR Consultants
HSE / Safety Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Safety Officer / Safety Supervisor
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Project HSE Manager