Job description / Role
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. The scope of work includes roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV) networks, potable water network, sewerage network, stormwater, drainage network and other infrastructure.
The Road Safety Audit Engineer will be responsible for supporting the senior Road Safety Audit engineer and project team in achieving high client expectations in road safety and quality traffic layouts, ensuring effective client relationships and scheme delivery on a large construction contract and will be responsible for providing site teams and key stakeholders with road safety advice including but not limited to road layout and geometry, cross section, temporary traffic management, link and junction operation, traffic signage, movement of vulnerable road users such as pedestrians and cyclists and movement of construction vehicles. Thorough knowledge of road safety industry practices and in particular road safety auditing process, highways and temporary traffic management related to construction and traffic operation. Strong technical skills are required and capable of working to tight deadlines.
• Will be responsible for delivering excellence in in the road safety discipline on a highly ambitious and prestigious Expressway project in Qatar.
• To be proactive and ensure compliance concerning Work Zone Traffic Management and associated related procedures.
• Provide support in the preparation of Road Safety Audits including collision investigation and prevention (CIP)
• Ensure Road Safety Audits are conducted to meet a recognised standard and to follow up actions are closed out accordingly to Client satisfaction and by Ashghal RSA guidelines.
• Participate in Stage 4 Pre-Opening Audits for temporary/Beneficial Use/Permanent Works.
• Be proactive as lead road safety engineer and identify locations/risk areas of potential 3rd party vehicle collisions and make associated recommendations to eliminate or mitigate.
• Responsible for reviewing and endorsing contractors Temporary Traffic Management Drawings (TMDs) and Traffic Diversion Plans (TDPs) and construction activities as they apply to Works adjacent to live traffic flows.
• Review scheme information where it is required in the construction phase of the project such as Shop Drawings, Material Submittals, Method Statements, RFIT related to Highways/Traffic/Diversion Information/ITS/HSES/Quality submissions.
• Resolving technical issues on Work Zones and ensuring compliance with contract requirements (QWZTMG).
• Working with Public Relations Department and other stakeholders to announce Traffic Diversions scope and duration.
• Work closely with stakeholders including MOI Traffic Police and Ashghal TDP office in getting approvals.
• Respond to letters and investigate and report on public matters including any complaints related to the road project.
• Attend weekly meetings with site team, the contractor and sub-contractors to inform and monitor progress concerning the project scheduled completion date.
• Ensure delivery of daily/weekly/monthly site assessment, inspection and compliance reports.
• Provide input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
• Assist in specialist training/briefings/toolbox talks.
• Identify Lessons Learned that can be cascaded for project experience.
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Road Safety Engineering or another related field and ten years of work experience in a similar role related to highways, temporary traffic management road safety engineering and road safety audits on a broad range of projects of varying degrees of complexity. Preference will be given to candidates with detailed experience on expressways/motorways.
• Proficient in Accident Investigation techniques, remedial measures, scheme implementation and monitoring/evaluation of works including Before and After studies.
• A background in assessing driver behaviour and Crash or Forensic Investigation would be an advantage.
• Attended a minimum of 2 days of road safety related external training in the last 12 months
• Proven history is conducting route studies, preparing crash investigation reports, the design of accident remedial schemes, the design of temporary traffic management layouts and implementation of traffic diversion plans.
• Has completed recognised Road Safety Audit training and ideally a holder of a Certificate of Competency in Road Safety Auditing.
• The Road Safety Audit Engineer will have completed at least 10 Road Safety Audits delivered to a formal procedure in the last 12/ 24 months. Audit proficiency of schemes should include a wide range of feasibility, design, construction and monitoring audits and in temporary traffic management.
• Has detailed knowledge of traffic data analysis and review of traffic impact assessment studies including relevant assessment software.
• Can demonstrate experience in the design of Temporary Traffic Management layouts and should have detailed knowledge of guidance in Qatar Work Zone Traffic Management Guide and UK Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual.
• Thorough knowledge of traffic control devices such as temporary safety barriers, speed control/speed management measures, traffic signage, road furniture, road markings, pedestrian and cycle crossing measures, as well as infrastructure requirements for traffic signals and roundabouts.
• Knowledge of wide-ranging road safety issues relating complex layouts such as road tunnels/underpasses/elevated road sections/grade-separated interchanges and large traffic signal junctions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to perform independently and work in a large multi-discipline team.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.