Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Due to the continued success of our Middle East operations, we are looking for a Roads GIS Engineer to join our diverse team in Doha, Qatar.
Ensure data held on GIS is accurate, up to date and available to ROMD so users can improve their understanding of the operation, performance and condition of its networks and associated assets and allow targeted investment and operational interventions.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
• Ensure that all the hard and soft copy asset information (text, CAD, PDF, etc.) is converted and updated into the Asset Affairs GIS database as per a delivery plan approved by the Senior GIS Engineer.
• Design, implement and standardize the quality checking processes as well as their reporting mechanisms in accordance with the current data editing standards and the data model standards.
• Ensure that all quality reports are submitted to the Senior GIS Engineer at every stage of the delivery plan.
• Assist in capturing assets from mobile asset mapping survey outputs.
• Assist on other business as usual requests regarding spatial data preparation, map creation, spatial analysis and non-spatial report creation.
• Adhere to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures in the workplace and comply with any new work instructions.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in GIS, computer science, engineering or mathematics
• Member of a relevant professional body (Such as RGS, AGI, ICE)
Knowledge & Experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ recent direct work experience in the Highways sector including minimum 6 years’ experience in GIS.
• Proven experience in conversion and import of CAD data into GIS is mandatory.
• Proven knowledge of roads asset base with a good understanding of the component elements.
• Experience with ArcGIS Suite.
• Experience with spatial analysis, spatial data editing, map creation, spatial data quality checking (topology and completeness) and its reporting.
• This needs thorough understanding of GIS data models,relationship classes, domains and subtypes.
• Knowledge and hands on experience with the methods and tools for as built data conversion into GIS.
• Experience with building tools for automation using ArcGIS Model Builder. (ArcPro is an advantage)
• Knowledge of Python (arcpy) and ability to create scripts and integrate to ArcGIS Model Builder is an advantage.
• Knowledge of mobile asset mapping systems is an advantage.
• Knowledge of data analytics is an advantage.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
• Computer literate using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as a minimum.
• Display proactivity, resilience and drive to achieve the delivery of required outputs.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic would be an advantage.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||29 Jul|
Civil Site Inspector
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jul|
Construction Manager - Airport/Infra