Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
The Room Attendant, is responsible for maintaining the highest cleaning standard of guest rooms, adjoining public areas, back of the house areas, and service areas. He / She is also ensuring the comfort of all our guests as established by Raffles & Fairmont service standards, standards & procedures. The Room Attendant is held responsible for reporting maintenance to ensure safe keeping of assets as well as reporting lost & found objects. His / Her tasks includes but not exclusively making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and features, removal of trash etc. The Room Attendant keeps guest's perspective in mind at all time to carry out the mission of the Housekeeping Department as well as the company values & vision.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Report to shift on time in issued uniform in a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times.
- Report to assigned work areas and clean the guest rooms following the established procedures and standards.
- Attend actively to daily briefing.
- Attend to training session.
- Greet and welcome guests and address them by name at all times.
- Propose help to guest whenever necessary.
- Clean all assigned areas including but not exclusively: dusting, making beds (when applicable), soiled linen removal, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning & sanitizing, inside window cleaning (when accessible), replenish rooms with supplies.
- Responsible for keeping the areas tidy at all time.
- Ensure rooms are cleaned, supplied & maintained according to departmental & Forbes standards.
- Assist supervisor to prepare rooms for VIP arrival.
- Report maintenance needs in guest rooms or public areas & escalate request when repairs are delayed.
- Ensure linen supplies are adequately stocked at pantries.
- Monitor pantry at adequately stock.
- Remove food trays and trolleys from guestrooms and hallways to floor pantries.
- Collect and deliver guest laundry when applicable.
- Deliver and set up guest request amenities including rollways, baby cribs, etc.
- Sign in and out master keys daily.
- Responsible to safe keep master keys and devices.
- Use cleaning supplies and equipment according to set up standard. Clean and maintain equipment clean and in good condition at all times.
- Update and record the work assignment. Responsible to accept/ complete all order sent to him / her via housekeeping messaging system.
- Report room status discrepancies to floor supervisor immediately.
- Update status of clean rooms promptly as soon as they are cleaned (Need Inspection).
- Provide turn down service to all occupied and arrival expected rooms according to departmental standards on the PM shift.
- Return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping Office.
- Maintain and refill guest room attendant small mobile cart daily.
- Responsible for in-house moves when applicable (Fairmont) and ensure that all guest belongings are placed back correctly in the new assigned rooms.
- Provide shoe shine and/or shoe cleaning service for guests. (Fairmont Hotel only)
- Assist with general inventories.
- Report to security any doors find open.
- Report any unattended object to security.
- Report any sick guest/ unanimated guest to security.
- Report any privacy sign after 1PM to Assistant Director Housekeeper.
- Ensure flowers are fresh, change water daily and replace if necessary.
- Report suspicious activities on guest floors.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards.
- Adhere to the Company policies and procedures and comply with the Code of Conduct.
- Remain well-mannered and well-groomed as per company standard.
- Follow all Fire - Life - Health & Safety - Security policies and strive for constant improvement to avoid health and safety hazards.
- Work in compliance with FLHSS standard to prevent injury and report anomalies.
- Observe and participate in the company recycling program and follow a strict discipline to reduce, re-use and recycle wherever possible. (Sustainability).
- Complete daily assignments and report progress to Supervisor.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor / Assistant HK Manager, Assistant Director Housekeeper, Executive Director Housekeeping.
- Previous guest service and/or Housekeeping experience is preferred.
Abilities & Technically competent Requirements
- Positive attitude
- Fluent communication in English.
- Basic IT knowledge (Opera / e-housekeeping)
- Basic electrical tools handling knowledge
- Chemical knowledge requested
- Posture knowledge required
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, interact with guest respectfully, naturally and efficiently, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Fully aware of FLHSS standards
- Understand and apply Cleaning cycle/ Hygiene skills
- Full understanding of the Raffles & Fairmont vision, values and standards
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- The Room Attendant is genuinely pleasant, friendly, positive and helpful to both guests and colleagues, always striving to anticipate guests' needs and exceed their expectations in a natural way
- He / She demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues in his / her own team and across departments and works well as a team player to achieve results
Delivers Their Best
- The colleague continually strives to do his / her best, is hard working, efficient and consistently performs well against the Raffles & Fairmont standards, policies and procedures
Trustworthy and Responsible
- The colleague is trustworthy, responsible and accountable.
- His/her standard of performance reflects our Raffles and Fairmont Mission and Guiding Principles and he / she works in a safe manner
- The colleague can handle the pressure and remains calm at all times to exert well-paced ability to multi-task
- He / she is loyal to Raffles & Fairmont and consistently delivers the established standards
- The colleague understands the job requirements and displays the technical skills and knowledge required to perform his/her job well and in line with the department standards
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
The Duties Require
- Able to work on shifts and work schedules based on business demands
- Position requires walking and standing most of the working day
- Duties requires to stand and exert well-paced mobility
- Required stand by in case of emergency
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.