Job description / Role
The IRATA Certified Level 3 Rope Access Technician is responsible for:
• Providing safety management, work site organization, and supervisory leadership and accountabilities to work crews on various projects.
• Utilizing specialized knowledge of "Rope Access Technology" to execute projects from inception through to completion.
These projects include:
• High angle rope access industrial maintenance, repairs, mechanical rigging and installations
• On site fall protection, high angle rescue and rescue training
• Welding repairs in difficult to access locations 4G-6G
• Material Identification to support asset integrity in difficult to access locations
• Supervising and ensuring the safety and performance of the Level 1 and Level 2 technicians under his/her direction.
• Preparing and submitting reports on a timely basis.
• Ensuring operational safety of all equipment.
• Liaising with Operations Managers regarding project work.
• Liaising with clients and site operations crew to ensure scope of job is understood and well executed.
• Travelling to various work locations throughout the region as required.
Training and Skill Requirements:
• IRATA Level 3 Certification required including proficiency in theoretical knowledge, equipment and rigging, maneuvers, climbing and rescue/hauling.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as IRATA Certified Level 3 Rope Access Technician.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation.
• Comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques.
• Ability to demonstrate and execute the skills and knowledge required of Level 1, 2 and 3 IRATA Certified Rope Access Technicians.
• Valid drivers' license is preferred.
• Willingness to learn and improve.
• Team oriented.
• Ability to work productively in adverse conditions.
• Physically and mentally fit.
About the Company
ACCIONA is one of Spain's principal business groups and a leader in the fields of infrastructure development and management, renewable energy, water and services.
With a century of history, and more than 30,000 professionals, it operates in over 30 countries on the five continents. ACCIONA is included in Spain\'s blue-chip Ibex 35 index and is a core stock in the market (see Financial Information).
ACCIONA's positioning as a pioneer in development and sustainability expresses its capacity to respond to the challenge of attaining sustainable development through all its areas of activity. One of its specific commitments is to steadily reduce its carbon footprint and lead the transition to a low-carbon economy. ACCIONA\'s activities and businesses avoid millions of metric tons of emissions every year (see Emissions Meter). The Sustainability Master Plan develops the Company's sustainability strategy.