Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Safety Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar.
This position is responsible for providing Health and Safety advice and information to KEO staff and contractors to raise the safety standards and ensure compliance on site .
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Monitoring and enforcing standards of safety in compliance with KEO's Health and Safety Management System and Client requirements.
- Reviewing and inspecting work areas determining potential occurrence of safety hazards.
- Observing and ensuring staff on site always; wear personal protective equipment, use hard hats and protective footwear, operate construction equipment in a safe manner and follow KEO's safety policies.
- Conducting daily inspections of the projects to ensure compliance and where applicable make recommendations for change.
- In case of emergency determine and investigate the cause of the accident, establish a report and provide recommendation(s) to prevent future occurrences.
- Developing and implement safety policies needed to reduce accident-related costs.
- Regulating set policies soliciting input from managers and workers.
- Providing training to KEO staff on safety as per OSHA requirements.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 15 years work experience, 10 years of which will be within a similar field (roads and infrastructure), partnered with a Bachelor degree in Safety, Engineering or equivalent.
Professional OHS qualification certified by NEBOSH (IGC/NGC), Professional OHS qualification certified by OSHA, Professional OHS qualification certified by IOSH (Managing Safely/ Working Safely), and ISO 45001 lead auditor certification.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.