Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
WSP are looking to appoint Health & Safety Engineers for one of our major infrastructure projects in Qatar.
Key objectives of the role:
* Review H&S documentation i.e. RAMS, Inspection reports, accident reports etc. for the project as requested by the Senior Site Representative
* Liaise with the Senior Site Representative to ensure that H&S procedures are implemented by means of carrying out spot checks and audits
* Conduct weekly Site Safety Inspections with Contractor's representative
* Monitor activities on-site and raise safety observations and safety notices where necessary. Advise the Senior Site Representative when NCRs or Stop Work Notices are appropriate
* Monitor and track safety observations and notices to closure
* Undertake trend analysis on the safety observations, recurring incidents including near misses and propose corrective course of actions to the Contractor.
* Attend regular Health & Safety meetings on designated project;
* Coordinate, compile and submit the Monthly H&S Reports;
* Liaise with counterparts in client, Project Manager and contractor organisations to ensure safe working operations on site; and?
* Assist in the investigation, reporting, and feedback of all accidents / incidents.
* Liaise with the Senior Site Representatives to identify and plan H&S training and mentor the nominated site staff who are appointed as the site Fire Wardens and First Aiders;
Your new role, what's involved?
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Minimum of fourteen (14) years experience of managing health, safety & security on major international and local construction sites, of which the last seven (7) years shall include the experience of major international/regional Roads, Infrastructure, and Drainage projects
* Minimum education requirements are a Bachelor`s degree in Engineering / Science or equivalent (NEBOSH Dip., Level 6),
* Professional OHS Qualification by Examination (NEBOSH IGC / NGC, IOSH Managing & Working Safely, OSHA 30?hours),
* Management Qualification certified as BS OSHAS 18001/ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor, implementation and continuous improvement, Relevant Training Attendance.
* Strong communication skills in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.