Job description / Role
About the Role:
WSP are looking to appoint Health & Safety Engineers (Workers Welfare) to focus for one of our major infrastructure projects in Qatar.
Key objectives of the role:
* Participate in Workers' Welfare Inspections as required
* Collate Workers Welfare Evaluation reports from Consultants and Contractors (including SubContractors) as required in the Workers Welfare Evaluation Plan
* Ensure that the project's Workers Welfare information is produced, appropriately formatted, filed, and maintained as required.
* Follow up on Workers Welfare Inspection/audit results, ensure the effective course of improvement actions and maintain records thereof.
* Prepare periodic Departmental reports related to Workers Welfare Activities
* Provide inputs for improvement in Workers Welfare Standards and in implementing related processes
* Monitor, Maintain and report on the KPIs related to Workers Welfare.
* Support Occupational Health and Wellness initiative on medical screening for chronic diseases and follow-up actions and maintain related reports.
* Participating in Audits on Contractor's medical facilities such as Clinics and First Aid Units.
* Support Health and Safety department as and when required
A typical week would include:
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Minimum of fourteen (14) years experience of managing health, safety & security on major international and local construction sites, of which the last seven (7) years shall include the experience of major international/regional Roads, Infrastructure, and Drainage projects
* Minimum education requirements are a Bachelor`s degree in Engineering / Science or equivalent (NEBOSH Dip., Level 6),
* Professional OHS Qualification by Examination (NEBOSH IGC / NGC, IOSH Managing & Working Safely, OSHA 30?hours),
* Management Qualification certified as BS OSHAS 18001/ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor, implementation and continuous improvement, Relevant Training Attendance.
* Strong communication skills in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
What if we can?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.