Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect construction and supervise electrical installations related to building projects.
- Check that the works are being carried out according to the approved procedure laid down in the method statement to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes and report any deviation and unsafe methods to senior staff.
- Ensure that safety norms, relevant building codes, etc are observed.
- Understand the sequence of activities for executing any given works and foresee any likely hindrances that and report to his senior.
- Verify that the materials of approved make, class and rating are being used.
- Report the progress of works at site to senior staff.
- Maintain records of inspections, work executed, etc.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BSc Degree or Diploma equivalent in Civil Engineering or Construction related field.
- Must be a Certified Safety Practitioner registered with an internationally recognized institute. Attended recognized safety related training courses.
- At least 8 years of experience in the field of Health and Safety. Minimum of 2 years GCC experience.
- Thorough knowledge of international safety standards and procedures.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of Safety management systems and procedures.
- Excellent and demonstrable track record on High Rise Building projects.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies