Job description / Role
• The Safety Officer under general direction, provides on-site technical support for implementation and administration of a project safety program.
• Conducts audits and inspection of work areas, machinery, equipment, and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
• Reports incidents of non-compliance to codes and standards, and may recommend corrective actions.
• Follows up to confirm implementation of corrective actions.
• Ensures the availability, readiness, and proper use of required accident prevention procedures, safety and fire prevention equipment, protective clothing and devices, and first aid supplies.
• Maintains records of safety audits and inspections, as well as required follow up actions.
• Maintains inventory of first aid, safety, and fire equipment.
• Conduct new hire safety orientations, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Diploma in Engineering with minimum 7 years experiences as Safety Officer in major roads and highways project.
• Good leadership skills to coordinate safety activities.
• Capable of developing site action plans.
• Good communication skills that enable to conduct effective safety trainings.
• Candidate whose experience has been predominantly with private consultancy firms is highly preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Officer
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|