Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job Position
The Sales Engineer would be responsible for increasing the sales revenue by maximizing the rental fleet utilization employing a pro-active sales approach in building the client base by acquiring new clients as well as catering to existing clients.
Job Accountability/ Key Responsibilities
• Prospecting for new clients who could benefit from our services; drawing up a sales plan within assigned territory.
• Ensuring that the sales volume and budgetary forecast are achieved in line with the set goals and policies of the Company.
• Gathering market intelligence about various projects for the year and prepare the budget based on market forecast.
• Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with clients in the allocated regions.
• Regularly visiting potential clients and ensuring that the sales deal is secured.
• Accurately understanding & interpreting client requirements and fulfilling needs to their satisfaction.
• Preparing client quotations; negotiating tender and contract terms with clients.
• Gain full understanding of the technical capabilities of the company’s equipment portfolio by liaising regularly with the Service Department.
• Preparing Techno-commercial specifications that can be offered along with price once the enquiry is received from the customer.
• Providing pre-sales technical support by undertaking site surveys, evaluating and suggesting the best solutions for the client’s requirements.
• Negotiating and closing sales based on Prime Power’s terms and conditions; follow up with clients on receivables.
• Preparing weekly sales plans and approach to achieve short, medium and long term business plan
• Arranging for on-time delivery of equipment at customer location the once order is received; coordinate with logistics and ensure that PO is released.
• Administering client accounts and coordinating sales projects.
• Solving client problems; follow up on resolving quality related issues.
• Regularly reporting the accurate status of all the projects to the reporting manager.
• Meeting regular sales targets; Analysing costs and sales; Recording and maintaining client contact data.
• Liaising with technical team and other members of the sales team
• Communicating valuable information to other team members to ensure that the rental fleet utilization is profitable.
• Conducts regular progress discussions with the assigned Sales Administrator to maintain the proactive sales approach.
QAR 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Person Specification/Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 5 Years Sales experience.
• Qatar driving license is essential.
• Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, ERP Knowledge, Product Development, Presentation Skills, General techno-commercial skills, Verbal Communication, Innovation, Planning, Analyzing Skills, Organizing Skills.
• Communication - Ability to communicate in a clear and unambiguous manner with customers, colleagues and all stakeholders.
• Result-oriented - a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
• Task-oriented - reliable, committed to completing tasks by the stipulated time.
• Resilience - persistent, positive and self-reliant.
• Accountability - drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility.
• Customer Focus - understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships.
• Teamwork - able to build trust among the team members, build relationships supports in completing the tasks and ensure that support is forth coming from team members.
• Logical & Solutioning Mindset – Ability to think through various scenarios and suggest alternatives.
About the Company
A leading education management company in Qatar.
Oryx Engineering Solutions
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Field Sales Representative
Nestle Middle East
Sales Executive / Specialist
Al Bayan LED