Job description / Role
- Liaison with Logistics sub unit leaders to explore sales leads.
- Carry out sales activities with a focus on increased revenue and profit margins.
- Identify new revenue streams and business opportunities including preparation of business case for capital expenditure.
- Execute all sales leads, sales enquiries and ensure all targets are met or exceeded.
- Respond to all sales enquiries within 24 hours, to client, either domestic or international.
- Partake in weekly meetings with all Logistics sub unit leaders.
- Utilize Oracle EBMS for all Freight Forwarding sales activities.
- Provide weekly update on sales activities to VP - Logistics
- Ensure familiarity with all Logistics activities being offered by Milaha and prepare presentations to deliver to potential customers.
- Ensure the maximum profitability of each new contract in line with agreed service levels and contractual obligations.
- Be aware of changes in the market, shippers’ schedules, competitors’ activities and general market intelligence.
- Development and Management of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be aware of market trends through market research and customer client visits.
- Manage all customer service levels to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Follow specified systems, processes and procedures, implemented in the workplace, to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements/standards.
- Work safely at all times, protecting the health and safety of everyone in the workplace.
Education & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good academic background with strong analytic and mathematics skills.
- Proven Sales background in the 3Pl/Logistics industry.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 Years’ experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of Sales & Operations Planning activities.
- MS Office skills (Outlook, EXCEL, PowerPoint).
- Exposure and knowledge of Freight IT systems / tools to enable business improvements.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Other languages advantageous.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Qatar logistics market.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional customs procedure and legislation.
- Understand and be able to exploit customer opportunities within and outside of Qatar.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Developer / Logistics Solutions
Milaha Qatar Navigation
Corporate Sales Executive
Sales Executive - Construction Chemicals