Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager- IT Security Products to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing a territory consisting a set of enterprise accounts in Qatar for sectors such as Finance, Oil & Gas, Telecom and Government and maximizing revenue for the company. Create, develop and execute sales strategies for assigned territory as well as generating accurate and realistic sales forecasts. The Sales Manager is expected to deliver consistent revenue performance and growth, and will need to opportunistically look at the market for breakout revenue opportunities.
- Manage, develop and grow strategic prospects and existing customer relationships
- Identify, qualify and quantify all opportunities within an assigned region and leads sales effort
- Develop and deliver accurate and technically correct sales presentations to potential customers
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, development of the customer relationship at all levels and the implementation of the account plans
- Deliver on setting objectives to achieve revenue and growth targets
- Work with sales support staff, pre and post sales staff to further customer relationships forecast,track territory opportunities, and close the deal
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of sales experience in IT industries, at least 3 years at major account sales and at the regional level in IT Security field.
- Strong background in IT Security products and/or Data Protection selling with experience working directly with strategic accounts.
- Fair experience in managing all aspects of the sales cycle including maintaining a sales pipeline to ensure accurate forecasting and over-achievement.
- Capable of closing complicated deals from discovering sales opportunities to contract completion.
- Good understating of Territory identification and research, to formalize a go-to-market strategy, create, and maintain a business plan.
- Experience in development of the customer relationships at all levels and the implementation of the account mappings and account plans.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage
- Sales driven and strong marketing sense and vision
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Well versed with MS Office and CRM
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Engineering/Business/Academic/Political studies.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.