Job description / Role
Are you an experienced SCADA engineer and looking for a new opportunity in Qatar, then Arcadis may have a fantastic opportunity for you.
Inspection of works both in progress and on completion to ensure compliance with approved shop drawings and technical specifications applicable to road and utility installations. Maintenance of robust records of all inspections undertaken to support the completion of the Project Record and to underpin contractor payments. Providing onsite support to Site Engineers, Land Surveyors and Safety Engineers as requested.
• Review contract documents and construction drawings to identify any anomalies/conflicts
• Supervise contractor’s works and maintain the required records and associated registers
• Verify measures of works completed and prepare regular reports on the progress vs. programme
• Review and comment on contractor submissions
• Attend inspections with authorities
• Support in Kahramaa inspections and reviews as required
• Review design and assist in co-ordination with other disciplines to ensure constructability
• Ensure all material inspection and testing is carried out in accordance with the specification and the contract requirements
• Review and prepare responses to contractor’s submissions (i.e. Method Statements, RFIs, ITPs, etc.)
• Observe site safety and issue notices as appropriate
• Report to Assitant Resident Engineer and update on issues as required
• Participate in planning, risk identification & assist in resolution of issues in a timely manner
• Check instructions are being carried out
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records, including As Built documentation
• Prepare documentation for the completed works for client Hand-over
Degree in Engineering from a recognised education institution
• 7- 10 years Experience
• The experience shall include at least 5 years in the field of reservoirs & water supply engineering works
• Past experience shall include successfully completing a previous position as SCADA Engineer or inspector
• Knowledge of BS design standards
• Knowledge on control system and networking systems.
• Candidate should have worked with process systems especially in pumping station control systems and integration to master SCADA systems
• Experience in the integration between different communication protocols
• Preference will be given to staff with experience in the design and construction of major works for pipelines, water-retaining structures and pump stations
• Preference will also be given to those with experience of Kahramaa Master SCADA (for KM NWCC SCADA) integration.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Electrical Engineer - Aviation
Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Site Electrical Engineer
Dara Engineering Consultants
Electrical Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar