Job description / Role
Overall Job Functions
The School Improvement Consultant will promote school improvement by assisting academies to systematically plan, articulate, and implement the curriculum, instruction, and assessment in order to improve student achievement in schools. The School Improvement Consultant will also inspect all aspects of the concerned school from time to time and report all the matters to Education Director.
* Systematically and accurately monitors all standards of teaching and learning and other activities which support or impact on such processes & submits periodic reports to the Director of Education and the CEO as directed.
* Develops and uses appropriate School Quality Review (SQR) tools and standards for collecting reliable and precise data.
* Analyzes, interprets and writes reports, upholding the highest standards of professionalism, and making objective judgements.
* Conducts occasional evaluation visits to schools and checks on different aspects according to school Standards including school effectiveness, academic performance, development of personal skills by learners, school work (lessons, care, management), professional development, and writes technical reports that reflect observations.
* Ensures that all school have sound assessment framework policies for students' achievements and develop reports to monitor students' achievements.
* Ensures that learning and instruction supports high students' academic achievements
* Ensures that all schools adapt best recognized educational resources for different subjects.
* Writes honest periodic reports on each school, to inform the Group with evidence-based information about the school's development and identifies areas of improvement for technical and administrative aspects.
* Assists the Group in the development of updated School Quality Review (SQR) data and systems, to keep them on track for measuring school quality, focusing on the coherence of the school's system and performance.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
* Supports and advises on the implementation of the E-Learning project including the OWLTS and SIMS, Tablets and VLE as an engaging and multilingual web-based social e-learning environment designed to enhance the full education process for teachers, students, management and parents and ensures that SIMS portal is well maintained and utilized.
* Ensures high-quality teaching and learning in all schools, set against international standards or those advised by the Group or the Ministry of Education & submits periodic reports (Monthly) to the Director of Education and the CEO as directed.
* Ensures that teaching and learning is consistently monitored to rigorous standards, set against by international bodies including that of Ofsted, HMI, WASC, and Ministry of Education in order to achieve the aims of the Group and submits monthly reports to monitor progress.
* Ensures delivery of high-quality curricular guidelines, schemes of work, lesson plans, assessment materials and teaching resources, set to international standards and those established as targets for improvement by the Group.
* Ensure that all teachers within the educational institutions comply with their designated teaching and learning responsibilities and duties.
* Directs the policy on assessment and examinations, ensuring harmonization on standard setting, quality assurance arrangements and develops common policies on all aspects of school work.
Organisation for teaching and learning:
* Develop a three (3) year improvement plan for schools covering all aspects of school work, curriculum, teaching and learning, improving Literacy & Numeracy, human and physical resources, e-learning, links with parents and local community.
* Oversees and monitors the examination process (planning, organization, administration, processing and exam correction) for all levels of external and internal examinations and liaises with examination and monitoring officers, LS Specialists, head teachers, and principals regarding these processes.
* Raises the awareness of quality assurance systems and procedures throughout the schools and creates new processes and documents to ensure the involvement of students in curricular and co-curricular activities such as values instilling, leadership programmes.
* Assists in the dissemination of good practices in regard to child protection and school environment and determines how they should be shared across the school, thus contributing to the creation of high quality standards to improve self supported review procedures in all schools.
* Educational Qualification: Master Degree in Education or Education Administration & Leadership from a recognized University (From the UK preferred)
* Number of years of experience: 05 to 10 years' international experience in Education Consultancy or as a Principal/Vice Principal or Head of School at an International School
* Certification: Teaching License from one of the following Countries: (UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries)
In return, you will receive an excellent salary package and benefits.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Feb|
Learning and Development Specialist
Director of Career Services
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||21 Feb|