Secondary Music Teacher
Arab International Academy (AIA)
Job description / Role
- Design learning units to meet the subject goal.
- Using a range and balance of teaching strategies to differentiate learning.
- Encouraging students to be critical thinkers, involving students actively in pursuing open-ended and relevant units of inquiry, and maintaining a supportive climate for the needs of second language learners.
- Ensuring that planning, teaching, learning, and assessment are interconnected processes and that students see assessment as a means of describing their learning and shaping future learning.
- Produce a minimum of 2 to 3 public presentations per year.
- Support vocal and instrumental music instruction.
- Open to working with regular education teachers to support the integration of the arts in the regular classroom.
- Support the presence of music in the school.
- Actively participating in professional development with the aim of continually working to improve learning for our students within the learning culture of AIA and the philosophy of the IB.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and regard for the image of the school and the support of colleagues in all activities, duties, and requirements of the school as assigned by the principal and outlined in the policies of the school.
- The key responsibility of every teacher at AIA is to be familiar with the values and beliefs expressed in the philosophy of the IB and to work to translate them into daily classroom practice in an international environment.
- University Graduate
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 3 years of teaching experience
- Major: Music
- Current and appropriate certification.
- BA or BS degree.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- IB school experience preferred.
- Proficiency in both Eastern and Western music.
- Ability to support vocal and instrumental music.
- Capable of producing two to three public presentations per year.
- Fluent English is required, but bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Ticket Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Health Care
- Child Tuition Waiver
About the Company
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme. It is also a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).