Secondary Science Teacher
Arab International Academy (AIA)
Job description / Role
- Planning collaboratively, in the context of the IB and the AIA curriculum, to build on student knowledge and expertise, develop significant units of inquiry, accommodate a range of ability levels, and emphasize connections between curriculum areas.
- Using a range and balance of teaching strategies to differentiate learning.
- Encouraging students to be critical thinkers, involving students actively in pursuing open?ended and relevant units of inquiry, and maintaining a supportive climate for the needs of second language learners.
- Ensuring that planning, teaching, learning, and assessment are interconnected processes, to maintain a balance of assessment, recording and reporting strategies that involve students, parents, and colleagues in the assessment process. The teacher should also ensure students see assessment as a means of describing their learning and shaping future learning.
- Planning for the year and completing all required planning documentation as well as updating it as needed.
- Observing and assessing student performance and maintaining accurate records.
- Working with parents, the counselor, and the student affairs supervisor to resolve students? behavioral or academic issues.
- Planning and supervising extra-curricular and curricular activities to support student development and learning.
- Administering standardized tests and analyzing results before setting action plans.
- Contributing to the curriculum development process.
- Delivering the appropriate curricuulm to the highest possible standards.
- Putting all relevant school policies into practice: Language policy, Assessment policy, Learning Support policy, Child Protection Policy, etc.
- Actively participating in professional development to continually work to improve learning for our students within the learning culture of AIA and the philosophy of the IB.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and regard for the image of the school and the support of colleagues in all activities, duties, and requirements of the school as assigned by the Principal/ Head and IB Coordinator and outlined in the policies of the school. Abiding by all school policies and regulations.
- The key responsibility of every teacher at AIA is to be familiar with the values and beliefs expressed in the philosophy of the IB and to work to translate them into daily classroom practice in an international environment.
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Middle School, High School
- University Graduate
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 3 years of teaching experience
- Current and appropriate certification.
- BA or BS degree in the subject he/ she will be teaching or in a relevant subject.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- IB experience preferred.
- Very good working knowledge of the language of instruction is required. The ability to teach in both languages, English and Arabic is a bonus. For language teachers, language proficiency is to be taught.
- Ticket Allowance
- Housing Allowance
About the Company
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme. It is also a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).