Job description / Role
Main Purpose of Job:
- To be fully responsible and manage all aspects of a fully integrated guarding service which is operational 24 hours a day 365 days a year, ensuring that the service provided is professional, timely and in keeping with established policies and procedures.
- To effectively develop and implement all security-related policies and procedures within the Project contract.
- Ensure that all security-related equipment and systems are operated and maintained properly so the system performs adequately.
- Maintaining a safe and efficient working environment, and ensure that all H&S policies and procedures are followed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To deliver, at all times, high-quality security services for the Project by applying professional expertise and management along with compliance against the contractual requirements.
- To effectively develop and implement all security-related policies and procedures within the Project contract that are in line with the corporate and Client requirements.
- To develop and document the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the Client.
- To ensure that all security-related equipment is maintained at all times, and ensure staff are operating the equipment in the proper manner.
- To deal with any security alerts in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To project a helpful, friendly and courteous attitude, and ensure that all security staff follow the same.
- To be of smart appearance at all times and to be observant at all times and ensure that all guards are in proper uniform.
- To ensure all security staff respond to emergency incidents in accordance with the contract specification.
- To liaise with external agencies such as Police, Fire Department, etc. to ensure security is maintained at all times, as required. Also, to liaise with the Security Compliance Manager for the Client.
- To ensure all staff receive the appropriate training sessions and identify additional training requirements.
- To ensure that unauthorized persons do not gain access to the restricted areas of the site.
- To be fully aware of key roles in emergency procedures and major accidents.
- To comply with Company rules and regulations.
- Provide general supervision, co-ordination and control of the security team, under their responsibility.
- Provide staff administration, which includes covering duty rosters through sickness and leave where applicable.
- Covering rota positions with overtime where appropriate, and with the prior authority.
- Ensure that the security officers within their team complete any training as required, and address any areas that are not being fulfilled.
- Liaise as necessary with client representatives and customers maintaining good communication links to resolve any matters (queries/issues) that may arise in an efficient and effective manner.
- Supervise and co-ordinate stock control and material inventories, maintaining systems and processes. Inform Line Manager of material requests in advance for the completion of security functions. Recommend surplus stock in line with Stock Management guidelines.
- Have a positive attitude and flexible approach to work demands. Coach and direct the Security Services team to ensure that they deliver a professional service.
- Maintain an efficient Accident Reporting process, keeping all records up to date and filed accordingly.
- When on duty, be accountable and responsible for providing a management presence.
- Support and promote the Company Vision and Values, encouraging good performance with the promotion of Employee of The Month and Employee of The Year.
- To fulfill Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety management system.
- To support the Company's Quality Policy Statement and actively participate in the achievement of Company and personal Quality objectives.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department / Service. Significant permanent changes in duties will require agreed revisions to be made to this Job Description.
- Any reasonable request made by your Line Manager.
- University degree or master’s degree with strong emphasis.
- 10+ years of experience in Security Management OD and/or Change Management with strong background in change management methodology required.
- Strong leadership skills and the proven ability to drive organizational change.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Courage to challenge status quo at all levels.
We value the contribution of all our people in making us a leading organization. We invest in employee development and we provide a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career as we work together to deliver innovative solutions for our clients
About the Company
The core business of EFM KW is the management and delivery of integrated facilities management services, either in partnership with our sister construction company, Bouygues on PFI / PPP deals, ETDE in Europe & Middle East or in our own right on outsourcing contracts for both the public and private sectors.
For each contract we aim to manage and deliver our contracted services by the direct employment of all operational, management and support staff. However, we recognise the need for specialist inputs in specific areas and the fact that in some cases it is more economic to employ subcontracted specialists for certain operations. In such cases we would expect to retain full management responsibility for the satisfactory delivery of the subcontracted service.
With our principal policy of directly employing staff wherever possible, we maintain excellent flexibility to deploy and re-deploy staff as necessary between sites to supplement the permanent site contingents. Maximising our directly employed staff also allows us to smooth out peaks and troughs in activity, and provide for contingency planning in the event of emergencies or absenteeism.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Security Manager and Global Physical Security Operations
Physical Security Senior Specialist
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Security Manager - FM Company
BAC Middle East
A Leading Trading Industrial Group in Qatar
Safety and Security Officer