Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Security Manager- Hotel Operations
This position is responsible for ensuring a safe environment for the hotel employees and guests and safeguarding the assets of the hotel. The Security Manager assists the Management, employees, and guests in every way that is consistent with the protection and prevention objectives.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Train Security Officers in the operation of surveillance equipment, written reports, record keeping, patrol, and first aid procedures
- Disseminate all information by the Management to team members
- Conduct patrols and regular checks on all Security Officers to assure that they are alert and discharging their duties efficiently and effectively
- Conduct all criminal investigations, put up accompanying investigation papers, and reports cases that occur within the Hotel
- Conduct surveillance on hotel staff to ensure that they abide by the House Rules; Keep tags on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations
- Control and direct all emergency personnel traffic in response to fire, bomb threat, police assistance, injury, or illness
- Inspect all Security equipment to ensure that they are in working order and that all cameras are correctly focused
- Conduct routine day-to-day checks of the following items to ensure that they are properly maintained.
- Cultivate Informers with the intention of obtaining information of security interest that may be of immediate or future use to the Department for prevention and detection purposes
- Record all activities involving the Department in the Daily Security Report
- Provide security coverage for VIP guests
- Update the Director of Security constantly on all matters of security interest affecting the Hotel and the Department
- Always be on-call, including off-duty hours, for any emergency that may arise
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum two years of experience as Security Manager in Qatar
- Graduate in any discipline and security training certification
- Certificates in National Skills Recognition System, CPR, First Aid Management, and Basic Fire Fighting
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.