Job description / Role
- Provide professional advice and guidance on division specific financial, accounting, management accounting, tax and related issues, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and standards.
- Collect, analyze and present financial data both internally and externally.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Review the reports and analyze direct and allocated project / operating cost.
- Analyze and update project summary reports such as green book, well-wise reports, IO vs WBS, and cost tracker reconciliations.
- Check inventory movement analysis and provide meaningful explanation on movements.
- Review project cost, invoices, SES for compliance with QG process and TOFA limits.
- Review and provide analysis required for monthly gross cost review with CFO. Address actions from meetings as required
- Ensure timely preparation and review project accruals and other accounting adjustment entries.
- Compile project cash forecasts to meet cash requirements. Manage timely preparation of funding/cash calls/ billing statements for the projects including analysis of actual cash expenditures vs cash call to optimize cash balances.
- Prepare account reconciliations when necessary and address queries from venture control explaining significant variances against budget.
- Support in developing WP&B guidelines and prepare inputs for all project and operating activities including headcount verification, expenditure phasing and validation with project plan.
- Compile WP&B packs for management and provide meaningful analysis comparing pervious submission against current year WP&B. Assist in closure of shareholder queries when required.
- Must have at least a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Commerce.
- Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CPA, CIMA or equivalent) is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting and Finance experience; Prior experience working with Projects related business units is preferred Thorough knowledge of SAP FI/CO. Experience and knowledge in BPC, BW or Projects System is preferred
- Commitment to ensure organizational compliance with QG Financial Control Procedures.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy, including the use of spreadsheets, databases and graphics packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients.
- Able to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (SAP), BW, BPC, Projects System
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.