Job description / Role
• Provide timely and expert advice to the CEO on strategic financial matters
• Accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, tying metrics to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results to internal/ external parties.
• Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
• Identify cost optimization opportunities across the organization
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
• Analyze existing systems, ERP requirements. Plan and advice regarding the ERP implementation project.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
• Provide strategic recommendations to senior management based on periodic reports, financial analysis and projections, revenue/expense analysis.
• Manage the accounting, investor & bank relations, legal, tax, and treasury functions
• Oversee the financial operations including for subsidiary companies and foreign operations
• Critically evaluate and oversee budget variance and examine financial reports for any unusual matters
• Review, vet and advise various contracts during contract negotiations.
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
• Implement operational best practices
• In conjunction with the Head of HR and CEO, oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
• In conjunction with senior management, and in co-ordination with various departments, develop the operating budgets.
• Conduct / Supervise due diligences on various expansion/development/acquisition plans and other transactions.
C. Financial Information
• Oversee the preparation, issuance and reporting of financial information
• Personally, review and approve all financial reports issued by the Accounts Department
• Report relevant financial results to the CEO, board of directors and other department heads as required and on set periodic intervals.
• Provide to senior management timely and accurate analysis of budgets, cash flows, financial reports, and financial forecasting.
D. Risk Management
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the group company's risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal or other issues affecting the industry.
• Construct and monitor reliable internal control systems
• Develop an internal audit function and co-ordinate internal audit efforts.
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for all the assets
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that record keeping and reporting meets the requirements of auditors, Accounts providers and government agencies
• Report risk issues to the CEO and board of directors
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
• Arrange for debt and equity financing as needed
• Invest idle funds
• Maintain relationship with the partnering banks
F. People Management
• Motivate team members and contributes to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment
• Provide guidance and direct input to the development plans and performance management of direct reports to meet the objectives.
• Ensure development of the next generation of leaders capable of effectively managing the Accounts function and delivering business objectives.
• Lead the Accounts Department team through active interaction & involvement to realize strategic goals.
• Assume or accept any other responsibilities as assigned by Management
WORK AND THIRD-PARTY RELATIONSHIP
• CEO, Department Heads, Directors, Advisors
• SBUs- Implementation of financial processes and mechanisms
• Participate in meetings and negotiations with various vendors/service providers/suppliers
• Maintain in depth banking relationships
• Represent the company with investment bankers / investors
• Minimum of 12 years’ relevant Accounts experience
• Minimum of 5 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry
• Proven track record in financial management and experience with the development and management of budgets and major deals with banks and financial institutions
• Retail/ Real Estate experience will be an absolute advantage
• Bachelor Degree in Financial Accounting or any similar field
• Master Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or similar field, is an advantage
• Must be a CA / CMA designation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong command of English language
• Hands on experience with ERP System
• Male candidates are preferred
• Maintain standards of conduct and high level of integrity and dependability
• Capacity to provide leadership and develop innovative processes and ways of working
• Excellent Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage in a multi-cultural environment
• Proven problem-solving skills. Ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
• Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive company information
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to consult and collaborate with others and work as an effective team member
• Proficiency in computers
About the Company
Equinox was founded by Sheikh Hassan Bin Sultan Al Thani in 1993 who holds the position of the CEO until today, overseeing the company's strategic direction and development. Originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market, the company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today Equinox has grown to include activities within real estate development and investment, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation.
The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, residential compounds, commercial and industrial developments. The retail section covers the major categories such as fashion, home interiors, beauty, accessories, jewellery and toys. B2B section includes contracting, project work and product distribution. As for the local partnership and representation section, it entails alignments with world leading logistics organisations. Spanning Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and America, Equinox portfolio of brands and business partners is truly global.