Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
This is a client-facing role, supporting a major aviation project based in Doha, Qatar.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Preparing, managing, reviewing and updating the overall projects master schedule and specific project schedule.
• Performing a critical path analysis of schedules.
• Integrating project budget and schedule to support client project team analysis and reporting.
• Participating, assessing and advising in claims analysis and negotiations.
• Preparing schedule performance measurements reports, forecasts and studies.
• Developing and implements project control procedures in conjunction with supporting project ancillary functions.
• Preparing project plans and detailed manpower utilisation plans.
• Reviewing critical paths and restraints to determine the effect of changes on the schedule and recommends workarounds to mitigate impacts.
• Developing plans and recommendations for mitigation of impacts of schedule problems.
• Assisting in the preparation of the monthly progress report.
• Providing project management consultation on factors affecting the timely completion of projects.
• Reviewing drawings, specifications and statements of work etc. in the preparation of activity networks for project resource planning and scheduling.
• Reviewing progress reports against current baseline schedules.
• Performing a special analysis for resource loading and performance progress.
• Liaising with the client project team, consultants, contractors and field personnel for schedule revisions and updates.
• Ensuring project policies and procedures are implemented accordingly.
• Developing action and recovery plans to support project delivery on time.
• Supporting the project management in accomplishing project status review and performance control.
• A relevant degree qualification in engineering.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in large/complex building.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in large international airport projects.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices.
• Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communication skills.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
• Full tax-free salary package that includes basic salary.
• Full private medical cover.
• Other benefits as per the Qatar Labour Law.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Senior Planning Engineer
Planning Manager - Airport Terminal Supervision (Consultancy)
|Abu Dhabi||30 Dec|
Planning & Cost Control Engineer
BAC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||13 Jan|