Job description / Role
- Investigate operational issues, problems and requests for support, in coordination with colleagues and other stakeholders, seeking effective solutions. Analyzes underlying issues and their root causes, and identifies available options for resolution.
- Responds to requests for support by means of making system modifications, developing work-arounds, manipulating data, re configuring systems, changing operating procedures, training users, producing documentation, or escalating requests to development team or software suppliers.
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other stakeholders are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimize delays.
- Performs moderately complex software modifications independently or works with colleagues on larger or more complex software, specifies user interfaces, including inputs, reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Carries out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of Business Applications, Database Management Systems, and related Tools & Technologies.
- Coordinates with colleagues and other stakeholders to specify data, data objects and information flows that align with the needs of the business.
- Defines, documents and executes medium-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
- Prepares and maintains realistic project schedules (showing tasks and dependencies) and quality plans and tracks all activities against them, providing regular and accurate reports as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with information security policies and standards. Assesses configurations and security procedures for adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge.
- Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.