Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Architect / Interior Designer to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This position forms part of the projects core management team. The primary role is to represent the firm in communications with the client, design consultants and contractor from post contract award, on assigned projects. Technically assess contractor’s submittals in accordance with relevant discipline-focused strategy and procedures, contract specifications, approved design and undertake reviews of architectural and interior design packages including drawings, specifications and other form of documentation prepared by the client design consultants.
We envisage success in this role to include;
• Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to the project to achieve time, cost, quality and safety objectives
• Monitor and report on the production of information with respect to the discipline-relate services submittal progress
• Review submitted shop drawings and material submittals (and the like) against the drawings & specifications, local codes and statutory requirements and international best practice
• Check and ensure co-ordination between discipline-related services works and all other disciplines
• Provide technical input and experience to resolve discipline-related engineering issues on the project
• Maintain open communication with the client and contractor's discipline engineers on project related issues
• Coordinate the works to ensure successful project hand-over
• Attend technical and progress meetings with the contractor/client's representative
• Identify issues and risks that need to be brought to the attention of senior project management as necessary
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 15 years experience partnered with a Bachelor degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering.
Chartered status with RIBA or AIA is essential.
KEO’s performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its’ contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.