Job description / Role
- Prepare all required documents needed to plan & start the audit assignment i.e. Commencement Memo, Audit Planning Document (APD), Risk & Control Matrix (RCM), Audit Program.
- Plan an efficient and effective audit approach by defining objectives and scope, preparing audit programs to meet those objectives.
- Determine audit procedures to be used including sampling method and the use of Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAAT).
- Attending & scheduling pre & post audit meetings and preparing the minutes.
- Process understanding – field planning – field work – issue drafting – draft report – closing meeting minutes – finalizing audit reports.
- Conducting detailed audit work by performing substantive tests of details & tests of controls.
- Maintaining proper working papers file (WP).
- Draw and document sound conclusions in the working paper file based on the review of internal controls and detail transaction testing.
- Determine if audit findings grant the need for investigation / special review.
- Draft audit reports, summarizing significant findings and recommendations in a clear and concise way.
- Perform walkthroughs in order to understand current policies, procedures and practices followed, and perform controlled GAP analysis to recommend improvements.
- Follow up with the management to ensure full implementation of recommendations.
- Assists & provide guidance to Internal Auditors as part of an audit team or independently.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Master’s Degree and a recognized professional qualification AICPA, CIA, CISA, CMA preferred.
- 5+ Years in internal / external audit.
- Experience working in Big 4 Audit Firms preferred.
- Exposure to Maritime & Logistics industry preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of Oracle & ACL (desired).
Language Skills :
- English proficiency is must, Arabic is desirable.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Ain Finance
|Abu Dhabi||26 Feb|
Regional Finance Controller
Finance Manager (CA, ACCA, CPA, CMA - Oil and Gas)
Astrolabe Capital LLC