Job description / Role
• Conducts plans and executes internal audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of information reported and compliance with policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Plans audits by analyzing business processes and preparing risk assessments to determine the controls to be tested. Defines the audit scope, objectives and audit program steps in order to test the system of controls and obtains approval for the plan from the Head and / or CIA. Formulates and agrees audit plans, scope and objectives with audits.
• Conducts audit fieldwork by coordinating audits teams and testing controls and compliance with policies, procedures and agreed practices.
• Prepares internal audit reports, audit plans, progress reports, and early reports on potential significant findings.
• Conducts follow-up of prior audit observations to ensure agreed action are implemented by the Auditee.
• Trains and develop Auditors “on the job” regarding IAD standards, audit process, company business and processes, observation and report writing, in order to ensure continuous development of IAD talent pool.
• Conducts special reviews under supervision of Head or Audit Specialist as requested by CIA in order to address specific concerns of senior management.
• Must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Must have at least 8 years' relevant experience in the oil & gas industry in internal audit/compliance/risk management or inspections or testing roles.
• Good knowledge of the oil & gas / LNG business, specifically key processes, key risk, and key controls.
• Good awareness of corporate governance and risk management processes.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.