Job description / Role
Senior Business Analyst - Oracle Communications Billing & Revenue Management (BRM)
Oracle Communications Applications Global Business Unit (CAGBU)
Operating globally across all regions, we enable our communications industry customers to transform their digital experience and mission-critical operations to better serve their customers and create value.
We provide agile, automated, scalable application-based solutions that help Communications Service Providers unlock the value of 5G and monetize new B2B2X business models.
Our industry leading Billing & Revenue Management solution provides real-time convergent charging for 5G and next-generation digital services. Oracle Billing & Revenue Management (BRM) is the monetization engine of choice for tier-1 Communications Service Providers, to drive revenues and profitability, increase business agility and automate the Concept to Cash to Care journey. Meanwhile, our Service & Network Orchestration suite offers comprehensive multi-layer orchestration and intelligent multi-service fulfilment.
• Combining our proven Communications application portfolio with industry consulting expertise, we leverage cloud native deployment and DevOps practises to increase agility, cost efficiency and time to value.
• You will have substantial experience scoping & delivering large Billing and online Charging solution implementations for Communications Service Providers.
• Over many years in the industry, you will have developed a practical understanding of industry standards & best practices, together with a pragmatic approach to business & IT change management.
• Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations of project scope, stakeholder roles and responsibilities and the change management process.
• As Business Analyst you will engage with senior business and IT stakeholders, understand and capture their business needs and work with Oracle delivery team colleagues to define matching solution deliverables, maximising the use of standard Oracle BRM processes & capabilities.
• You will build trust and consensus among the stakeholders, acting as a strong advocate of the Oracle solution, while also championing the delivery of true business-differentiating capabilities.
• You will need a technology background, to enable you to communicate effectively with the IT implementation teams (customer, Oracle, implementation partners).
• Working in a distributed Consulting project team, you will combine a high degree of self-sufficiency with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and customers in countries across the globe.
• You will be comfortable to engage at C-level, but also to support and mentor less experienced members of the team. Willingness to travel as needed.
• 10+ years telecoms industry experience with excellent Billing Business Support System domain knowledge, preferably working with Oracle's Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) application.
• 6+ years of business requirements capture, IT demand & lifecycle management experience
• A strong understanding of telecoms billing & charging architecture (preferably Oracle BRM, Elastic Charging), across multiple billing implementation projects & phases.
• Project delivery experience across full lifecycle, including business & application architecture, design, implementation, testing, migration, project governance & change management.
• Team leadership combining onsite/remote project activities and acting as coach/mentor to more junior team members.
• Proficiency using Enterprise Architecture tools and methods to capture business requirements, designs, test case development, use case documentation.
• Experience working in waterfall, Agile/Scrum or iterative model projects and flexibility to work in a DevOps environment.
• Previous technical background including programming & scripting skills (C, C++, Java, python) and experience working with RDBMS.
• Understanding of modern application integration paradigms, REST architecture style
• Understanding of Cloud Native tools, technologies and framework.
• Communications Industry Application Skills
• Strong customer-facing domain skills - should be able to drive billing/charging-related workshops with the customer.
• Strong understanding of telecoms prepaid/postpay/convergent billing & charging architecture and associated integrations (mediation, voucher management, G/L, A/R, taxation integrations).
• Strong understanding of Product catalog modelling, including rate plan configuration
• Experience of industry models & standards, including TM Forum ODA, 3GPP Charging Management specification, Diameter protocol, IFRS and other regulatory policies
• Experience of industry standard business processes, regional/local legal, regulatory & cultural best practises & constraints.
• Experience of participating in business development activities.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.