Job description / Role
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Data strategy, architecture and innovation are core components that drive SAP's Intelligent Enterprise vision for our customers.
As a Senior Presales expert, you will be responsible for developing industry specific, end to end business and solution strategy to drive long-term customer success. You will align with customer's business strategy, including current business models, constraints and priorities, into a business process focused roadmap. You are expected to bring deep consulting, presales and domain knowledge in Big data, Cloud Computing and Advanced analytics and will be a key resource of the SAP Platform & Technologies Industry Customer Advisory team.
Your primary responsibilities will include: Driving data to value thought leadership for SAP's strategic customers, advanced analytics market development, presales opportunity execution, business development programs and partner ecosystem mentoring.
- Drive thought leadership covering database, data management and analytics strategies with C-suite audiences.
- Proactively foster executive relationships and achieve trusted advisor status with our customers.
- Ensure clear understanding of customer vision and business strategy.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to improve current business capabilities and future business models.
- Bridge the gap between the business strategy and technology enablers and drive value-based solutions and architecture strategy.
- Accountable for developing and delivering memorable customer presentation and demos by clearly articulating business outcomes and value proposition delivered by SAP solutions in highly competitve situations
- Co-create the target Data & Analytics architecture and roadmap for customer leveraging SAP technologies
- Compose and deliver sales presentations covering SAP P&T software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives
- Prepare and deliver software demonstrations in support of sales cycles Preparation includes personalization of demos to meet the needs of prospective customers and personalization of demos to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling presentation
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Complete sections of SAP responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Post-sale, communicate the business requirements to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition
- Participate in the EMEA P&T Solution Community and contribute to EMEA opportunities when needed
- Collaborate with Sales/COO area to define business plans, sales plays and target market segments.
- Ability to work closely with the account team to understand customer strategy & requirements and help define the account plan, solution portfolio and architecture strategy.
- Build localized content and enable sales specialist to effectively position SAP's Platform and Technology portfolio.
- Lead/deliver/evangelize 1:1 business workshop with strategic customers.
- Drive demand generation for strategic SAP customers & partners.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer/IT Engineering or equivalent
- Specific areas of specialization: 5+ years of professional experience; demonstrated knowledge/expertise over different aspects of technology solutions
- Product experience covering SAP Solutions
- Customer facing selling experience (bus development/pre-sales/consulting)
- Management consulting experience a plus
- TOGAF certification a plus
- C-Level value-based selling and positioning experience
- Executive workshops design and facilitation
- Domain experience Advanced Analytics & Databases
- Knowledge on SAP Analytics Cloud/ Data Intelligence / HANA/ Cloud Platform preferred
- Expert knowledge in designing and building distributed and scalable system architectures
- Proficient in Hyper scalers AI/ML platforms and other relational databases
- Experience with one or more analytical tools like SAC, SAS, Azure ML, Sagemaker, Tableau, PowerBI
- Experience with Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, data management, data governance and new technologies like IoT, AI, predictive and data science
- Ability to stay current on the SAP roadmap, architecture strategy, customer successes, and value proposition across SAP's solution portfolio.
- Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions differentiators.
- Excellent hands-on skills of a number of P&T solutions to support and run POCs.
Skills & Ability
- Open doors for new business opportunities
- Ability to leverage and execute best practices approach
- Engaging and influencing cross-functional organizations
- Business planning, business case development, & operational excellence
- Lead teams of presales specialists on larger sales cycles
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.