Job description / Role
• Assist unit leaders and Engineers to carry out necessary activities for the maintenance of the Road network, ITS and Tunnels and ensure security of supply chain.
• Provide technical expertise support to Section Head on programme of works to sustain and improve levels of service to customers and other stakeholders.
• Support and liaise with other RO&MD Sections for successful delivery of Section deliverables
• Coordinate with ROMD in consultation with the Management Consultants (MC)/ contractors.
• Ensure adherence to service levels for works on the Road network, ITS and Tunnels including repairs and new connections.
• Monitor Frameworks Partners work schedules, set priorities and ensure the appropriate assignment of equipment, materials, and personnel.
• Administer, prioritize and oversee major repairs to road networks carried out by outsourced contractors, oversee assignment maintenance crews to road networks etc. Able to undertake supervisory and inspection ( for contract compliance) tasks as assigned by Lead Engineers
• Monitor all the equipment used to maintain the systems through agreed maintenance and monitoring schedules with outsource partners.
• Provide assistance to the project team in ensuring that road network upgrading and maintenance works are carried out to the specified technical standards and that corrective action is taken as needed.
• Proposed periodic and long-term maintenance plans to ensure that ROMD perform to the specified level of operations based on asset management standards and recommendations and meets department KPis.
• Provide technical advice to the stakeholders regarding design, construction or program modifications and repairs onsite. Coordinate with the Design Department to develop and implement improvements to existing road networks.
• Coordinate with all other Sections and Departments to ensure delivery of the RO&M Department’s KPIs through the Section.
• Raise any issues that require consideration to the O&M Engineering Advisor / Expert for advice on actions/ recommendations.
• Ensure adherence to Quality, Health and Safety and Environment Policy and Procedures within the workplace and comply with any new work instructions.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Ability to write project scope of works for new and maintenance works on Road network, ITS, Bridges and Tunnels
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil preferred)
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• MBA and/or secondary relevant degree would be advantage
• Chartered membership of relevant professional body preferred and would be an advantage
• Understanding of Framework Contracts Agreement are preferred
• Current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
• Ability to produce Executives reports is compulsory
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in road Project including 5 years’ managing contractors and leading a team
• Experience in Project Management in the Middle East, and working in a multidisciplinary Organization preferably in the Middle East
• Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organization
• Knowledge of Health and Safety, Quality Assurance and Control procedures
• Knowledge of Quality Road works, Environment policies, procedures and regulations. Ability to deliver and support change
• Competent in Microsoft Office Packages, Microsoft Project/Primavera/
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Construction Manager - Civil
Ignite Search & Selection
Ignite Search & Selection
Civil Site/Construction Manager
|East Timor||26 Aug|
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Facilities Engineer - Civil