Job description / Role
• Coordinate with Design Consultant team to ensure implementation of remedial action.
• Endorse Consultant / Contractor work reports for contract payments.
• Constant coordination with consultant and contractor resources to keep design work on track throughout the project.
• Coordinate with Project Design Manager for design documents’ approvals.
• Coordinate with HSE team to ensure compliance with HSE policies.
• Coordinate daily reports on design work progress with document controller.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to QPM clients
• Coordinate with Design Manager and Program Manager Design to ensure knowledge of policy, procedures and tools for managing site discipline design work.
• Ensure compliance to QPM processes for discipline design consultants work review, deviation monitoring and analysis and remedial actions.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation, reporting and filing of design documents.
• Coordinate closely with Project Design Manager and appropriate Technical Teams to get all site design work reviewed and approved.
• Coordinate with Project Manager and Project Design Manager to maintain client liaison throughout the project to ensure client satisfaction on design aspects.
• Advise client on design issues and remedial actions in case of deviations.
• Ensure regular meeting with clients in all stages of project progress.
• Establish professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Meet clients to obtain feedback on design work on site and make appropriate improvements to the same.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project management in relation to design engineering.
• Adapt and adopt good practices for continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or in relevant field.
• Minimum 20 years of total experience
• With 10+ years Similar / Relevant experience in a medium to large Project Management Company.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.