Job description / Role
Identifies and implements LNG sales contracting standardisation / improvements, and identifies and coordinates the delivery of Commercial & Shipping (C&S) Group’s integration synergies or other business optimisations to enhance company value
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
Scope of operation is a multi-venture / multi-stakeholder environment where ventures are financially independent but have common operations and facilities under QG. QG sells over 1000 LNG cargoes per year through 250+ long and short-term agreements with extremely varied and complex provisions and structures.
The LNG market is a lot more complex and dynamic than envisaged when the Qatargas LNG ventures were established. New structures and terms regularly emerge in sales opportunities requiring ongoing review to balance QG value with maintaining competitiveness in the global market.
Increased competition in the LNG market means business activity is commonly performed under significant time pressures in order to maintain deal negotiation and cargo delivery timelines.
QG integrated 5 new LNG/sales-gas ventures from the former RasGas operating company in 2018 under a tight timeline from shareholders leaving significant scope for C&S business harmonisation / optimisation for several years to come.
C&S has been tasked with delivering around $1 Billion of synergy revenue and savings by IMO / Shareholders over the next few years. The associated initiatives are inter-functional, complex and require an advanced understanding of the commercial and operational aspects of the LNG supply chain.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Maintain LNG sales contracting standards for the Long and Short Term Sales Marketing through rigorous review of proposals and recommendation of acceptable alternatives in order to manage risks and maximise QG value. Update and enhance logging system accordingly.
• Review new LNG sales agreements to ensure commercially operability; reduction of risk and maintenance of QG reputation.
• Represents the Company in support of Marketing Long-term or Short-term Sales with LNG customers through effective contractual interpretation and negotiation.
• Supports and coordinates the development, improvement, delivery and tracking of the identified/assigned C&S synergies and optimisations as well as proposes new ones to support the revenue and savings targets.
• Provide direct working specialist technical or coordination support to synergy/optimisation initiatives being carried out by the various C&S functions as required.
• Maintain the quantification, stewardship and reporting system in coordination with EEBE and Finance to report process efficiency realisations to C&S Management and QG corporate functions, including regular review of metrics and calculations to ensure continued fitness-for-purpose.
• Analyse industry trends and developments versus C&S business processes to develop standardisation and best practice recommendations.
• Performs review and analysis of C&S business processes to promote and drive the implementation of standardisation; efficiency / systemisation and alignment with industry best practice.
• Document and analyse business processes as an input into the development of new or existing business systems by external vendors in liaison with them and IT Department.
• Conduct the controls checks assigned under the EEBE or C&S Controls Calendar per the prevailing guidelines
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Sciences, Economics or Business Administration or similar degree
• Knowledge and/or Experience
• 10 years of LNG or other hydrocarbon sales contract development or commercial and operational experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Knowledge of the LNG industry and all commercial and shipping functions essential.
• Experience of reviewing and/or negotiating LNG agreements essential.
• Experience in corporate governance and business controls.
Technical and Business Skills
• Excellent analytical skills including economic analysis, negotiation, mediation and verbal-reasoning skills.
• Advanced spreadsheet and modelling skills.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication, including presentation skills.
• Competent in interpreting legal clauses in agreements, especially the commercial operational impact.
• Strong commercial process, relevant business systems and controls knowledge.
• Excellent working knowledge of standard office software applications.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.