Job description / Role
Project: Secondment of staff and on call professional services for the airport expansion project.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior commercial and contract manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing project cost and commercial functions ensuring that all project reporting, cash flow, budgets and forecasts comply with the client requirements.
• Working alongside the senior management team in the development, implementation and management of the commercial procedures.
• Managing the procurement and commercial management of all pre and post contract stages of the project which will be awarded to local and international consultants and contractors.
• Directing and motivating a multi-cultural team and ensure all commercial objectives are delivered.
• Setting-up cost control systems.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
• Preparing timely estimates for construction contract packages.
• Preparing tender documentations.
• Performing procurement and tendering tasks.
• Preparing supporting documentation for monthly reporting to facilitate clients in assessing project financial standing.
• Conducting regular site visits to check and record materials delivered to site, works progress achieved, change orders executed.
• Reviewing the contractors’ payment applications and supplier monthly invoices and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
• Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field through coordination with engineers and supervisors.
• Conducting change order meetings to progressively settle change orders with the contractors.
• Ensuring evaluation of change orders be determined in accordance with contract conditions.
• Assisting in settling contractual disputes and analyse claims and extensions of time.
• Finalizing the project account.
• Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
• Performing any other project related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
• You have a bachelor’s degree and certifications related to cost or commercial management.
• You are digitally and can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You have significant experience in commercial and cost management for different types of building and related facilities.
• You have experience in a similar role in a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Corporate Contracts Director - Main Contractor
Commercial and Contracts Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Contracts & Commercial Manager
Senior Commercial Manager (Amiri Hangar / Aircraft Paint Shop)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||26 Jan|