Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job
• Responsible for providing advanced program level project control functions (cost, contract and planning), with support as necessary to project level, and any other related duties as directed.
This includes key business areas such as tendering, execution plans, cost planning, cost estimating, preparation of programs/projects budget, cost control, payment applications, evaluation of cost impact for changes and claims, management of commercial risks, and interim and final projects/programs cost reports. Head of Project Control Unit must work closely with Senior Program Managers and Project Managers to support the decision making and provide comments and insights on the status of project and program costs, as well as on the cost reports of consultants and contractors. Assign duties to the project control team (cost, contract and planning) and monitor their performance and quality of works. Generally, handles multiple projects at a time with full responsibility for completion and handover. Includes providing proper quality control and adequate supervision to ensure the proper execution of works to the highest standards on time.
• Responsible for preparation, submission, monitoring and controlling of the Project Feasibility Budget and Forecast Cash Flows based upon feasibility designs and - engineering input and assist with the Investment appraisal estimates of Capital Expenditure and Operational Expenditure via the provision of alternative Cost Models to ensure the most viable and cost-efficient solution is adopted.
• Review of program business case, program charter and program road map.
• Responsible for preparation, submission, monitoring and controlling of the Project Concept Budget and Forecast Cash Flow based. upon concept designs and Engineering input including the review of Elemental Cost Plans based upon approximate quantities prepare by cost consultants/cost managers.
• Responsible for preparation, submission, monitoring and controlling of the Project Schematic Budget and Forecast Cash Flows based upon schematic designs and engineerir:t9 input including the review of Elemental Cost Plans based upon approximate quantities prepared by cost consultants/cost managers.
• Assist with Value Engineering and provide estimates of various alternative cost options while reconciling the Project Concept Budget to ensure the project budget
is not exceeded.
• Responsible for Preparation, monitoring and controlling of the Project Budget and Forecast Cash Flows, based upon final designs and engineering input, including
the review of Elemental and / or Trade Bills of Quantities as appropriate prepared by cost consultant’s/cost managers.
• Assist with the preparation of the Tender Documents and provide advice as to Contract Selection and Procurement Route ensuring at all times that appropriate Risk Mitigation is undertaken.
• Review of the Pre-Tender Estimate and Forecast--Cash flows based upon final designs and engineering input prepared by cost consultants/cost managers.
• Assist with the Tender process and respond to commercial Tender Queries as appropriate.
• Responsible for Commercial Evaluation of Tenders received and recommending the most financially appropriate Tender ensuring at all times that appropriate Risk Mitigation is undertaken.
• Assist with the Technical Evaluation of Tenders received ensuring at all times that appropriate Risk Mitigation is undertaken.
• Assist with the Contract Award process via the negotiation and settlement of commercial terms and conditions ensuring at all times that appropriate Risk Mitigation is undertaken.
• Responsible for establishing and publishing the high standard monthly Project Cost Reports and presentations with input from the Consultants and Contractors.
• Responsible for evaluation cost impact for change requests and claims.
• Responsible for review of invoice and recommending for payment.
• Responsible for estimating potential cost impact of the identified program/project risks using proper qualitative risk analysis.
• Responsible for notifying any cost overruns during, design & development and construction stages to the Senior Program Managers and Senior Responsible Officers (SROs) in a timely manner.
• Responsible for monitoring -contract expenditures to ensure. funds are disbursed according to the budget and approved cash flow.
• Responsible for monitoring price escalation and market environmental factors for potential impacts on projects budget.
• Responsible for updating cost database based on, the rates, of the awarded contracts on regular basis.
• Responsible for monitoring program/project cost performance using earned value management and propose corrective action.
• Assist the Senior Program Managers with the program/project closure activities, procedures and documentation.
• Prepare a comprehensive lesson learned report and submit it to HFD management.
• Ensure that all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar commercial discipline.
• Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), or directly equivalent national institution.
• Minimum 25 years' experience in commercial management of the large construction projects particularly in the Middle East.
• Must have experience in developing and controlling healthcare projects from initiation to contract close-out.
• Possesses excellent leadership skills and ability to lead, supervise and motivate a cost management team.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry / international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication &- negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• The job holder assumes full cost management responsibilities for execution of a wide range and significant and prestigious number of concurrently running Projects.
• Works within the framework of -approved corporate policies, -procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform cost management responsibilities and tasks, and in providing expert advice 9n a wide variety of cost related issues.
• Evaluate and provide solutions for particular, critical commercial issues.
• Review and recommend resolution of particularly complex and routine problems, or provide available alternatives.
• Identify commercial risks and anticipated problem to projects, and propose mitigating solutions and actions.
• Review and critically assess a range of options for a given problem, and recommend one acceptable commercial solution from a range of options.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Senior Contract Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Contracts Manager - Consultancy / Infrastructure
Contracts / Commercial Manager - Main Contractor
Big Fish Recruitment
Ignite Search & Selection
Contracts Manager - Consultancy