Job description / Role
Responsible for all commercial activities for the Delivery Areas (cost, budgets, contracts, claims, managing agreements with key partners)
• Ensure and review contract management and administration compliance related to Projects
• Ensure and review Programme and Project related financial management related issues
• Initiate and conduct meetings as required with Supply Chain in relation to Project(s) related commercial and contract management matters.
• Ensure and review recommendations when requests for variation, addendum, extension of time, claims etc. are being processed, ensuring that they are in accordance with the Authority’s relevant policies and procedures.
• Familiar with financial information and is aware of financial impacts on bids/contracts/projects.
• Provide support to the Area Delivery Managers, amongst others, where required, on commercial matters.
• Provide regular progress reports and elevate issues within the Authority.
Skills and Competencies:
• Management of key customer and stakeholder relationship
• Leadership of complex contract negotiations (strategy and execution)
• In-depth knowledge of project commercial procedures
• Ability to make impartial priority calls and determine appropriate course of action, dealing with many different stakeholder views
• The ability to think creatively and exercise sound judgement based on analysis of risk.
• Ability to work in multicultural environment and promote collaboration.
• Ability to apply sound judgement, to think laterally and innovatively, and identify new solutions or ways of working to achieve same end goal.
• Demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects
• A “rounded profile”, comfortable with planning, analysis and managing process and commercial considerations; the successful candidate will also be able to mobilize people and teams and by their leadership skills lead teams and secure successful deliverables.
• Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders
• Minimum 20 years of post-graduate experience
• Experience in Roads and Highway Projects
• Good experience in Design projects and pre-contract activities
• University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Management or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
• Driver’s License
• Professionally qualified in MRICS or equivalent is preferable.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Arabic language skills
• Experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region
About the Company
Egis is an international player active in the consulting, construction engineering and mobility service sectors. We create and operate intelligent infrastructure and buildings capable of responding to the climate emergency and helping to achieve more balanced, sustainable and resilient territorial development. With operations in 120 countries, Egis places the expertise of its 16,000 employees at the disposal of its clients and develops cutting-edge innovation accessible to all projects. Through its wide-ranging fields of activity, Egis is a central player in the collective organisation of society and the living environment of citizens all over the world.
Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
|Saudi Arabia||29 Dec|
Contracts Manager - Corporate - Contractor
Contract / Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Saudi Arabia||21 Dec|